What's not to be missed on NCL Pearl?

DGF

We just got off the Pearl this past Sunday. The spa was by far our favorite place. $99 for a weekly pass, well worth it. They were open 8 am to 10 pm last week.

Someone mentioned Don Alexander, piano entertainment. We heard him several times, and he was good. Nice to sit back and have a drink and listen.

Spinnaker Lounge was indeed great. We especially loved the seats up in the very front sides that kind of stuck out a bit to the outside. Were very private when the Lounge was not busy.

One night we walked out of Bliss Lounge (deck 7) and went to the very back of the ship and looked at the wake behind us and the sun setting behind us (about 10 pm I think it was in Alaska). Beautiful site!

And I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Crew Talent show and the famous finale, Fountains. :-)

We just got off the Pearl this past Sunday. The spa was by far our favorite place. $99 for a weekly pass, well worth it. They were open 8 am to 10 pm last week.

Someone mentioned Don Alexander, piano entertainment. We heard him several times, and he was good. Nice to sit back and have a drink and listen.

Spinnaker Lounge was indeed great. We especially loved the seats up in the very front sides that kind of stuck out a bit to the outside. Were very private when the Lounge was not busy.

One night we walked out of Bliss Lounge (deck 7) and went to the very back of the ship and looked at the wake behind us and the sun setting behind us (about 10 pm I think it was in Alaska). Beautiful site!

And I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Crew Talent show and the famous finale, Fountains. :-)

Second recommendation on the weekly pass for the spa. How do you arrange?

Sounds very very interesting

Great idea. Can you recall the cost of the day pass?

Thanks

Last month it was $20 a day or $99 for the week.

This was my first stop after boarding the ship for Alaska! It was AWESOME!

We were told at the spa that only 120 passes will be available.

If they are all sold as weekly passes - daily passes will not be available.

This keeps the crowds controlled and makes it worth the extra $$$.

Enjoy! :)

Second recommendation on the weekly pass for the spa. How do you arrange?

Sounds very very interesting

Just go to the spa once you board and give them your key card. It will be tagged with a spa pass.

Each time you go to the spa - give them your key card and they give you a little robe with fishes.

Enjoy the spa and go back and claim your key card. Very simple. :)

It's heavenly!

This was exactly the question I was going to post! :) I'd already decided to get the spa weekly pass after getting 2 day passes last time I cruised NCL, but now I'll make sure to do it first thing. It sounds even better than I thought it was, or remember it being.

This isn't a "don't miss", but does fall in the category of tips. Hope it's not a derail . . . I remember reading on here that on embarkation day, most people are sent one particular place for lunch, but there's another place open that people don't know is open for lunch, and it's much less crowded. Can anyone enlighten me? I've searched and searched the boards and can't find it...

NCL Pearl:

1. Main Dining Room - Soufflees, Cappucinos

2. SPA PASS (as everyone else said) - in the women's area is two private hydrotherapy tubs, sauna, and steam room, in the large shared area is the cermaic loungers, special hot tob, thlassotherapy pool, and rain showers. Besides the pool, one of my favs was watching the water go by from the one of the chairs inside the spa area.

3. Take in a couple of the shows at the Theatre - jugglers and acrobats are awesome, not sure what shows they still have

4. Another vote for walking to the back of the ship at night and watching the water

You are so lucky. This is my favorite of all the cruise ships I've been on!

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on the Pearl twice.

We were fortunate enough to have a mini-suite the first time and had breakfast and lunch at Cagney's several times as well as dinner. We loved Cagney's. The steak was wonderful and the service was very good. The atmosphere at night is very elegant, old steakhouse feel. The chairs and other decor are very "upscale western."

Our concierge offered us a tour of the villas on the last day once the ship was in port. We went to each different area in this private portion of the ship as long as the occupants had already left. It was a real treat to get to see these areas.

The bridge viewing room was once of my favorite places as well.

There is a large Chihuly glass "sculpture" in the atrium area. Don't miss this. It's absolutely beautiful. It's blue, like the ocean. I have seen several other Chihuly's and this is the one I like the most. Here is the link to his website so you will know what to be on the lookout for. http://www.chihuly.com/

Carole

definitely the SPAAAA and a whole cruise package so you can soak and lie on the heated loungers or the big cushy loungers with the HUGE view over the bow. also the bliss lounge in the early morning if there's no group that's booked it.....again cushy places to lie and read and watch the ocean. you'll LOVE the pearl.

We have been on the Pearl twice.

We were fortunate enough to have a mini-suite the first time and had breakfast and lunch at Cagney's several times as well as dinner. We loved Cagney's. The steak was wonderful and the service was very good. The atmosphere at night is very elegant, old steakhouse feel. The chairs and other decor are very "upscale western."

Our concierge offered us a tour of the villas on the last day once the ship was in port. We went to each different area in this private portion of the ship as long as the occupants had already left. It was a real treat to get to see these areas.

The bridge viewing room was once of my favorite places as well.

There is a large Chihuly glass "sculpture" in the atrium area. Don't miss this. It's absolutely beautiful. It's blue, like the ocean. I have seen several other Chihuly's and this is the one I like the most. Here is the link to his website so you will know what to be on the lookout for. http://www.chihuly.com/

Carole

I thought that minisuite guests weren't allowed to breakfast at cagneys?

On Pearl in a mini next week-please advise!

Bliss Ultra Lounge is pretty unique. Even if you don't plan to "hang out" there, at least go by and see it at night.

The garden/family suites are really nice. Sometimes on the first day they will let you walk through to see them and their private pool area.

I really like the dining areas around the atrium where you can grab a bite to eat and watch a sporting event on the 2 story screen in the atrium.

Our favorite dessert on Pearl is the Hot Fudge Brownie in the Blue Lagoon (see the above item)

Entertainment is very good on this ship. As others have said, SharkBait is not to be missed, as is the crews "Fountains" show.

I think the poster was mistaken about what kind of suite they had. I am sure they went to Cagney's but not so sure they had a "mini suite". Mini suite's do not have the perk of breakfast and lunch at Cagney's.

I sure wish they did because the mini suites seem to have very few perks at all.

We ate there for breakfast and lunch. We were in a minisuite, 10640. Maybe they have changed the rules since then, or maybe they just gave us the perk for being silver Latitudes members. I don't know. We didn't ask for it. There was a letter in our cabin when we arrived with the info for Cagney's as well as other perks. This was in February of 2007.

Carole

We ate there for breakfast and lunch. We were in a minisuite, 10640. Maybe they have changed the rules since then, or maybe they just gave us the perk for being silver Latitudes members. I don't know. We didn't ask for it. There was a letter in our cabin when we arrived with the info for Cagney's as well as other perks. This was in February of 2007.

Carole

I think it must have had to do with being a "Silver Latitudes" member. From all the post I've seen so far this year regular suite guest are pretty good at telling us "mini suite" guest ...like it is, as far as perks we do not get and they do. It's like...ha ha, we get it and you don't. LOL JK ;)

Archived