Ventura Med July 17th

Micky1

Hi everyone I have been reading the board for a number of months now in preparation for my cruise and have found a lot of posts interesting and helpful. I was just wondering if anyone has sailed on Ventura recently and how it was? Have the majority of the problems experienced been ironed out? I'm going with an open mind as this is our first cruise. There will be myself my wife and 2 kids aged 6 and 3, We will be dressing for the formal nights and are looking forward to them,do the majority of people dress for these nights or not? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi everyone I have been reading the board for a number of months now in preparation for my cruise and have found a lot of posts interesting and helpful. I was just wondering if anyone has sailed on Ventura recently and how it was? Have the majority of the problems experienced been ironed out? I'm going with an open mind as this is our first cruise. There will be myself my wife and 2 kids aged 6 and 3, We will be dressing for the formal nights and are looking forward to them,do the majority of people dress for these nights or not? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'd say about 95% do but on a ship that size your always going to get some chavs!;)

As a first timer you will really enjoy Ventura.We are experienced P&O cruisers and were on board Ventura in Jan.Yes there were problems mainly with Sun Loungers particulary on Sea Days but to be fair being early risers we did not have a problem.The trouble was people reserving Loungers [2 in some cases] and not taking them up.P&O seemed to have improved the situation by introducing Sun loungers on balconies and making more room on deck.The entertainment was not to our taste but many passengers enjoyed it.The Arena Theatre can get full despite having 3 performances per night so it may be worthwhile getting there early if there is something you really want to see although you will find lots of entertainment around the ship.Food very good in the Main Restaurants.Excellent in Marco Whites although there is a surcharge,East also good again a surcharge.Give The Beach House a try for dinner excellent grills steaks Ribs etc.Bars Metropolis really Spectacular ,Las Ramblas quiet but worth a try [Tapas available].The Waterside Buffet can be busy but again if you can arrive early no probs.Would be interested what you think of The Havana Club.Its nice to hear that you will be 'Dressing Up' it really adds to the experience of Cruising and you will not feel left out as most passengers follow the recommended Dress Code.Have a really great time.:)

Hi

We recently cruised on Ventura and had a fabulous time - yes the problems do seem to be ironed out. We never had a problem with sunloungers. Overall it is a fantastic ship for families - the kids clubs are brillient with fantastic staff. We enjoyed the entertainment.My only complaint is that the swimming pools are so deep!!!!!! Apart from that though we had our best cruise ever on Ventura and have booked again next year.

With regards to the dress on formal night most people do dress up with the majority of women wearing cocktail dresses and men in DJ's. I must admit I felt a little over dressed as I had taken ballgowns because on other cruises that was the norm!!!!! So I guess it is a little more casual but that never bothered me - less luggage next time!!!!! lol

So do go with an open mind - we were a bit apprehensive before but we were not dissapointed. Have a great time

Sue

Thank you for the replies they have put my mind at rest and I'm now looking forward to my trip more than ever. Think the kids will have a ball as they love kids clubs. thanks again.

I also on the ventura on the 17th really looking forward to it.THe bigger the ship the more choice you have with everything.With two young children i would recomend you order room service for breakfast,you'll miss the morning rush and take your time letting the children wake up.Hope you enjoy it x

• 2 weeks later...

You will have a fab time, First time on Ventura was in April this year, all I can say it was fantastic. Done two Thomson cruises before and my I thought they were good, no comparison.

Ship is immaculate, staff bend over backwards, beats me how so many give this ship a bad name as I couldn’t even find one small issue to pick fault on.

Looking to go on her is Sept this year cant blooming wait.

Have a good trip

Archived