Paradise Beach vs. Yachi Co-com for teenagers?

jblair

I have read so much about PB and not quite as much about YC. We are traveling with a 7 year old, 14 year old and a small group of 17-18 year old kids.

While I like the idea of a pool to jump into when the beach has gotten too hot at YC, I am wondering if there is as much going on at YC as there is at PB?

Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I tend to support PB as a better destination for families than Nachi, but then

you had to mention teenagers. Is there anyone that really understands

them?:confused:

Often teenages will want to ditch parents/guardians and find others of their same age group or perhaps a little older. In that case, the busier, more touristy places might provide better opportunities for them. That might be Playa Sol/Mia.

As for pools, Playa San Francisco, next door to PB, also has a pool, jetskis, parasailing and banana boat rides. It's easy to walk back and forth between the two.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Playa_San_Francisco.html

You hit the nail on the head about understaning teenagers! lol. Thanks for the info on that hotel next to PB. Does the hotel allow you to use their facilities if you buy a drink or food? That might be the answer if it does.

We were at Playa Sol/Mia 2 years ago and thought it was fine. We are pretty particular too but we didn't have anything else to compare it to.

Do you know how far it is from PB to Chankanaab (sp) and what the taxi fare is?

Many thanks!

Actually PB and Playa San Francisco are both beach clubs, adjacent to each other. These are the two that are within easy walking distance. San Francisco had pineapple drinks before PB was hatched.

PB chairs are free, whereas I think there might be some nominal fee at San Francisco. All expect you to buy something - they are businesses, after all, but some may put in terms of a cover charge or chair rental. I don't think any charge outrageous amounts.

Here is a reasonable guide, I think:

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/BeachClubs.htm

Not sure about any of the ads or tours promoted by the site - more just for general info. But you can always ask.

Archived