Adventure Ocean - specifics please

First time to cruise with our kids ages 8 and 5. Our 5 year old is used to playing with older kids and would be bored in the 3-5 age group, can you put them in with the next group up so he can be with his sister? Also, when we are on an excursion do they feed the kids if so where and is there anything to drink in the kids club for them or do we have to purchase drink cards? I don't want to encourage excessive soda drinking. Can you request they be given juice or milk instead?

They are usually pretty strict about the ages. They will at least want you to try one day in the right age group. If there is not a lot of kids in one age group, they might combine the groups anyways.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92
Majesty of the Seas 11/93
Sovereign of the Seas 09/94
Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Grandeur of the Seas 11/99
Grandeur of the Seas 11/00
Grandeur of the Seas 06/01
Grandeur of the Seas 02/02
Navigator of the Seas 12/02
Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Grandeur of the Seas 05/04
Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Juice is available in the dining room or Windjammer for breakfast. Milk is available both places for all 3 meals. If you purchase a soda card, it now includes juices from the bars throughout the day.
Chris

Adventure of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;5;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

The kid's program on our RCL cruise was fantastic. Our kid's, 3 and 11, preferred their activities to what my wife and I were doing. I do not recall them giving them any soda but they did offer water and juice.

Badge 454

Grandeur 2-04
Pride 6-03
Fascination 2-03
Fantasy 6-02
Destiny 2-98
Imagination 7-96
Sensation 12-93

They were really strict about kids going in an older group but there was a child that wanted to be in the younger group with a sibling and they said OK. As for food and drink, they had water and cookies available for the kids to munch and drink.
Terri

Hey Gambler - I see you were on the Monarch in 9/92, we got married 8/29/92 and went on the Monarch 8/30/92 were you on that sailing? We are also from Houston although we no longer live there. Small world

Texasag - If that was labor day weekend, then yes, I was on that cruise with my mom. It was the cruise that a newly wed had a baby right before St. Maarten. We heard she said she did not know she was pregnant. Talk about bringing home a Souvenir!!

Monarch of the Seas 09/92
Majesty of the Seas 11/93
Sovereign of the Seas 09/94
Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Grandeur of the Seas 11/99
Grandeur of the Seas 11/00
Grandeur of the Seas 06/01
Grandeur of the Seas 02/02
Navigator of the Seas 12/02
Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Grandeur of the Seas 05/04
Navigator of the Seas 11/04

A friend of ours wanted their daughter in the older group. They did allow it after she attended 2 programs in her age level and they assessed her. I then got home and researched the policy and found out that this is their common procedure.

Our daughter loved A.O. and they definately kept them having fun. They seemed pretty strict about the ages. We did leave our daughter on day while we went to snorkel and yes they provided lunch and plenty of snacks/drinks. We were very impressed with how well they cared for the children.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Rhapsody May 23rd 2004

We have five kids ages 17-9....they loved the program. They were amazing with the kids. Relax and enjoy. It was our first cruise and we were a nervous wreck. By the 2nd day the phone was ringing (just like home) with their new friends wanting to meet,either for breakfast or at the club (as they called it). They will evaluate the kids for a day to see where they fit. The week we went (Easter) they were pretty strict because their were 1100 (no that's not a typo) on board. But Kudos to the staff!

Archived