Good deal and rolling the dice (Galveston)

astros fan

I think I just got a good deal on the Tremont in Galveston. We got it for $80 on 1/16/10. The only issue is there are four of us and they will not gauranty two beds. We are rolling the dice on that, but I think it is worth it...I can sleep on the floor if need be. :D

Now the questions I have:

1. They told me I can park at the Galvez for the week at no charge. How far is it from the Tremont to the Galvez and do they shuttle between the two if need be?

2. Does anyone know if the shuttles to the pier run all day or do they have a specific start time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's about 2 miles from the Tremont House to the Hotel Galvez. I will warn you though, just in case you have to sleep on the floor, that the floors are hardwood floors and not carpeted.

Don't know when the shuttles run, but the Galvez runs people to the port every weekend so I'm sure they will be happy to accommodate your group. The concierge at the hotel is very, very nice!

Hey Astrosfan - who did you go thru to get booked for Jan 2010? I've been trying and every hotel I've tried says "your dates are not available" try another date - and I think I'm going to be Galveston the same time you are! suggestions, please. Thanks!!

I used priceline. I tried booking the harbor house, but it never would go through...then it showed a higher price. So, I decided to use the name your own price. I chose 2.5*, they "upgraded" to a 3.5* and took the $80. Hope that helps.

I couldn't get galveston.com to accept anything either.

Archived