Here's a situation...

I am cruising in 2 weeks with my husband, brother/girlfriend and some other family members, etc.... well, my brother's girlfriend decided to break up with him today. The room is on her credit card and she also has the cruise documents. She, hopefully, will decide not to still go on the cruise (probably would not be comfortable since we will all be on the ship). BUT - my brother still wants to go, obviously, and will hopefully find someone to go in her place. How logistically can he do this, being that she has paid with her credit card, etc.? Can you change a person in your room once everything has been paid? Can the ex-girlfriend get any money back (not that she deserves to - I'm so mean!)?

asmitty

The cruise has been bought and paid for. The point of no return has passed, and no value on the dollar will be refunded.

If you brother owes her money for his share of the cruise then he ought to pay her, but he will be free to sail with or without her. He will need to figure out how he plans to pay for his onboard purchases.

If she does come, I hope you all make the best of it and have an enjoyable time in spite of everything.

If the ex has the cruise documents and she is holding them hostage and you brother has paid for his fair share then I think you need an attorney. If he hasn't paid her, then he doesn't really have a clear path to be free to go it seems.

Sounds like a Judge Judy thing.

Who is listed as the lead person in that cabin? You can change anyone but the lead.. this according to what RCCL told me last year when we ran into a situation not long before cruise. Your brother does not need any documents, only the booking number and he can get in the cabin. If she is lead and chooses to cancel the cabin then here is the policy per RCCL web site..

6-7 Nights Cruise
59-30 Days prior Forfeit Deposit
29-8 Days prior 50% of Total Price
7 Days or less prior No Refund

Maybe your brother should just tell her he would still like to go since it is his family and offer to pay her his half. Either way she is coming out the same.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04
Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01
Elation 10/99
Grandeur 09/97

Can't you pay a fee to have the names on the documents changed...$70 or something...I remember someone posting about this a month or two ago??? I'm going to look into it and post back. This is something I've always wondered myself.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

As I understand the following...as long as your brother's name is on the original documents...he can then just change her name for someone elses for a $35 fee. I think that is the way it reads???

The following was taken right from the RCCL website...

Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?
Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the booking.

Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist:
Request is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours)
Cruise Only documents have been issued
Air Arrangements have been assigned and documents have been issued. Travel agents or guests should contact the Custom Air Desk for resolution of any incremental air charges encountered as a result of the change
Pre/Post Hotel arrangements have been assigned to the booking
**Change fees are subject to change without notice.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Archived