Sept 11 to Bermuda

Hi, we just received an email from Delta telling us our arrival time has changed to land at 1:36 in Boston. Is this enough time for us get our bags and get to the boat on time? Don't want to miss our cruise.

Did you book your air through the cruiseline? If you did you should be all set since they will know about the change. If you booked on your own.....it would be a 50-50 chance I would say. If you cant get an earlier flight.......I would make sure to have set in stone arrangements to get right to the port after getting your luggage. Good luck :)

Personally, I think you are cutting it way too close. Even if you land exactly on time, by the time everyone gets off the plane, it's probably going to be at least 2. Add in the time to get your luggage, and get to the port, I think you are going to be in trouble. Honestly, even if you don't check bags, I still think it's way too close.

Book an earlier flight.

However, if you are stuck with this arrival, then just know that the pier is a 10 minute cab ride from Logan Airport. If you grab a cab by 2pm, you'll be at Black Falcon pier in no time. I'd expect that the crowds would have cleared the terminal and you'll be able to check-in and board quickly.

When we sailed in June, a family we met online here on CC roll call drove up from NY, got delayed in terrible traffic, and did not arrive until almost 3pm. They boarded with no problem, other than the stress of being so late.

Hi, we just received an email from Delta telling us our arrival time has changed to land at 1:36 in Boston. Is this enough time for us get our bags and get to the boat on time? Don't want to miss our cruise.

Depending on how much time difference it is from your original flight, Delta has to change it for no fee if you call and tell them the change will not work for you. I would not want to land at that time. Who says they will even take off ontime in order to make that arrival time?

We just returned from the Spirit today and the airport is close by as the planes were taking off over the ship. What you may want to do is have a car waiting for you. You might be able to get the name of a limo company from the cruise line and that way when the plane lands you can get your luggage and the car will be waiting for you. FYI this was the best vacation I ever went on. Have a great time.

Depending on how much time difference it is from your original flight, Delta has to change it for no fee if you call and tell them the change will not work for you. I would not want to land at that time. Who says they will even take off ontime in order to make that arrival time?

That was my experience with our flights. Delta changed the time of our flight and we were going to arrive in DC at noon for a Baltimore departure. That was too close for me. Since they had made the schedule change they changed our flights without a charge.

Don't rely on Cruise / Air, the cruise line is not responsible for the air...they only sell it to you.

I'm not sure this is true. With air booked through Celebrity, we came so close to missing the ship out of Galveston that Celebrity had already arranged for a hotel for us in Houston and was going to fly us to the ship's first stop in Cozumel to catch up with the cruise. We insisted on having them taxi us to the port in Galveston and just managed to catch the ship before it left port. I'm sure Celebrity would not have done all of this if they didn't feel "responsible for the air."

You used to have to be on board 2 hours prior to sailing, now it is 1 hour. So if the ship sails at 4, you must be on board by 3. Even so, I agree with the ohters that it is just cutting it too close. If everything goes perfectly, you will make it. But that's a big IF. Flights are delayed all the time and one snaffu and you will miss your cruise. As the other poster said, they are the ones that made changes to your schedule, so they will change your flight at no charge if you call them.

CG

I think your taking your chances with that flight time. I would change it.

You don't want to miss your cruise!

Last year I spoke to a young couple that arrived late to Black Falcon and were denied boarding. It sucked to see them just sitting there while the Dream was still docked and not being able to board.

Archived