Pizza in Naples

CruisingGoddess

We are already taking the RCI's excursion to Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii but we should have an hour to go to Naples quickly after the excursion is over. I'd like to try some Neapolitan pizza!

I've heard Da Michele is a favorite but it seems far from the cruise terminal. Is it pretty quick and easy to get to? Can anyone recommend directions or a way to get there?

Has anyone tried Antica Pizzeria Brandi (recommended in CruiseCritic's port guide)? Or does anyone have any other pizza recommendations closer to the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance!

Da Michele would be a bit of a hike from the port, there is often a wait to get in there too, even at 2:30 in the afternoon we had to wait about 10-15 minutes to sit down. Once seated though, its quick, they only have two kinds of pizza, marinara and margherita, 4 euros per pizza. They have a map on their web site, http://www.damichele.net/, but I would google map it for walking directions from the port. If you only have an hour, you may be pushing it, if you are on a ship tour and they get back early, you can probably make it just fine. Oh, Da Michele did pizzas to go when we were there so that would also be an option if you really want their pizza. There are also some piazzas with restaurants not too far from the cruise port if you want to find something closer.

Archived