land/ sea package

moellis1

Hello, We are looking at the disney cruise for this Oct. Has anyone sailed during this time? I'm concerned about the weather. Also, which is better the extra day at sea or on land? And is it more economical for me to just book the cruise only and the land part separate? I plan to stay in the park. Thanks for your advice.

Moe

It's definitely better to book land and sea together. We're going on sep. for a 6 day land and 4 day cruise. (We added 2 days to the land part to have a little more time for the parks). Just wanted to let you know that this is an option too.

We are doing a land and sea in August because of the great Florida resident discount (you better be used to 90+ degree days in Aug). The weather in October is gorgeous - one of my favorite months in Florida. Warm days and cool nights. You will get lots of sun and the hurricane season is almost over. I tell friends to come down here in May or October for the best weather

Whether or not it's better to do the "land and sea" package or to book them separately depends on what you want. For example, your hotel on the "land" part is linked to the stateroom category of the ship. So, if you want to stay in a deluxe resort, but want a low category room, you'd want to book them separately. Also, if you wanted to do the ship first and then land, you'd have to book them separately. (My family and I did one "land and sea" package, then next time DH and I went, we did the cruise first and stayed at Shades of Green after the cruise, so of course we booked them separately.)

As for the number of sea days -- honestly I think the four days at sea is better. That gives you one sea day to really enjoy being aboard the ship and it doesn't feel as rushed as the three-day.

Hope you have a great time! :)

Archived