Second request for info on HAL excursion "Alpine Mountain Explorer" ?

pagalandguy

No one responded when I asked for info from anyone who has taken the excursion from HAL called "Haines Alpine Mountain Explorer". It's a 6 hr excursion from Skagway where you drive Kawasaki Mules through scenic mountain trails and includes a meal enroute. We thought it might be a good excursion to get great scenery photos and would be fun to drive the "mules"...but now I'm nervous that no one has anything (good or bad) to say about this trip. Maybe it's a new addition to the excursion list? Maybe it's just not a popular choice and no one has selected it? Maybe we should have made a better choice? Yikes...I have usually gotten a lot of helpful responses to my questions on this site but this one was strangely vacant of comments...the post was viewed by more than a dozen folks but no one had anything to say...anybody out there who has info about this excursion??

Well, it is in Haines so that means it requires or includes a one hour ferry ride each way. I've never heard any comments pro or con. Does the travel time include the ferry? Haines has the potential for more chances of wildlife sightings, at least late in the season. Although most of the summer has been very good weather so far, poor weather would affect the experience. In my opinion this trip would not appeal to many HAL passengers given their demographics. It might be fantastic, but I doubt you will get many replies. Almost everything is very professionally run, I don't think you could book a bad tour, but it is up to you to decide if it is best for you.

No one responded when I asked for info from anyone who has taken the excursion from HAL called "Haines Alpine Mountain Explorer". It's a 6 hr excursion from Skagway where you drive Kawasaki Mules through scenic mountain trails and includes a meal enroute. We thought it might be a good excursion to get great scenery photos and would be fun to drive the "mules"...but now I'm nervous that no one has anything (good or bad) to say about this trip. Maybe it's a new addition to the excursion list? Maybe it's just not a popular choice and no one has selected it? Maybe we should have made a better choice? Yikes...I have usually gotten a lot of helpful responses to my questions on this site but this one was strangely vacant of comments...the post was viewed by more than a dozen folks but no one had anything to say...anybody out there who has info about this excursion??

Have not been, but did a search and not much came up. Check post #12 on the link below. It sounds like their trip was on ATVs. If you do go, make sure you write about it in your trip review, so when others do a search for this excursion it will come up. Don't start a post specifically about how you liked or disliked it. The forum moderators will pull it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=943546&highlight=alpine+mountain+explorer

Archived