Disembarkation - Civataveccia

MJonTravel

Hi everyone. All I'm getting is error messages when I try search, so I'm going to post a question that's probably been asked and answered before. (And a year in advance of actual need no less, but sue me...I'm jazzed about our cruise!) Just booked the 11-night Eastern Med on Equinox from Rome next July 5th. The current itin shows us arriving Civataveccia at 4am on the final morning.

My question: I'm assuming that's plenty of time to make a late-morning flight back to the States? For those of you who have done this before? Should I stay an extra day, or is there plenty of time to make flights back to the USA?

Yes, people can make late-morning flights to the USA from Rome. But if you have the money and the time, it's really nice to extend your stay in Rome. You'll find a ton of info about planning for Med cruises, ports, pre & post-stays on the Mediterranean board.

Thanks for the tip on the Med Board D4. Totally slipped my mind. We are flying over a few days early to visit friends who are temporarily living in Naples. In fact, they are cruising with us.

I expect we'll be raring to go home by the end of the trip, but the more I think about it, the more I think one more day to wind down before flying home might be nice.

ETA: Apologies for my spelling prowess: make that....Civitavecchia

Just returned from the Eastern Med cruise on Solstice. The disembarkation was unbelievably quick. We had a 10AM flight back to JFK. We were scheduled to report for disembarkation at 6 AM. We got to the meeting point at 6:01. were off the ship at 6:05, found our luggage immediately and were waiting for our taxi at 6:10 AM. Our driver showed up at 6:20 and we were at the airport by 7:30 (It is about a 1 hr trip).

Don't stay over unless you want to see Rome

Had been last year on the Galaxy to the Eastern Med.

Disembarkation was quick and easy. I didn't fly to the US but had made arrangements with some people to share a private ride to the airport, since their flight to the US was earlier than my flight, we left the ship at approximately, 6 30 am. We were at the airport about an hour later, at that time of the day the traffic was very light.

We paid for ship's airport transfers and booked two nights at Rome airport Hilton. Covered walkway from terminal to hotel lobby - carts available but longish walk. Hilton is basic business style but they have a free shuttle to downtown historic district every 2 hours. We liked what we saw in Rome so much we came back for a week's land-vacation the following year. If you go Hilton, ask what add-on fee is for Executive lounge since it has finger foods, snacks, continental breakfast, beer, wine, internet available. Good Luck

Archived