Nelson's Dockyard & Beach

alschmid

Our plan for antiqua is to check out Nelson's Dockyard and then head to a beach. Didn't want to plan a tour to do this - since we will probably sleep in some :)

Can we plan on just getting off the ship and finding a taxi to the dockyard...and then finding a taxi from there afterwards to a beach?

Our plan for antiqua is to check out Nelson's Dockyard and then head to a beach. Didn't want to plan a tour to do this - since we will probably sleep in some :)

Can we plan on just getting off the ship and finding a taxi to the dockyard...and then finding a taxi from there afterwards to a beach?

Yes, there will be lots of taxis when you get off the ship. Talk to the driver about taking you to the dockyard, beach and back to the ship.

--David

We were at the market next to the bus terminal, and the busses didn't look like a very pleasant way to get around. The ones I saw were EXTREMELY crowded, and if I remember correctly were open (read that non-air conditioned and HOT). We debated going to Enlish Harbour on the bus but decided to bite the bullet and ride taxi$. From Halcyon Cove on Dickenson Bay the cabs were $80 US round trip (this is about as far from Nelson's as you can get on the island) but that was not per person, but total for my wife and I. It's about a 45 min. trip. It's not far, but the roads are narrow and winding on the island. No 70 MPH interstates there!

Have a great trip,

JHC

Archived