Freedom ???

LUV THE SEA

We will be leaving next week on the Freedom I have one quick question. I know that you tender into Grand Cayman...I also know there are 3 areas to dock...North, South and Royal Watler???...do you know where the freedom goes...or does it change?

I am bookingan excursion in the am and I was just trying to figure out how much time to allow and if we have to walk to the correct terminal

Thanks for the info...

I went to Grand Cayman on the Valor. The Legend was also there the same day. Both ships tendered to the dock right across from Margaritaville. I am not sure of the direction, but it was to the left as we tendered in. The NCL ship tendered to the right side close to where you get on the Atlantis sub ride.

I have also heard that if the water is too rough, they may use a different pier all together that is possibly on the other side of the island????

I was trying to say that usually the Carnival ships all tender to the same pier. So, the Freedom should tender there too.:D Now this could change depending on how many other ships are in port that day. Two of the piers are pretty much right next to each other. The weather in Grand Cayman is also a factor. Sometimes the ships actually skip Cayman if the waters are too rough to run the tenders.

There is a pier on the other side of the island that sometimes is used at the last minute if the waves are too rough where the ships typically tender.

We were on Freedom in June and we tendered to the middle pier. It is named somrthing though I forgot exactly what it was called. There was some shops there including a tortuga store and Margaritaville and Hard Rock were to the right of the terminal

Hope that helps

We will be leaving next week on the Freedom I have one quick question. I know that you tender into Grand Cayman...I also know there are 3 areas to dock...North, South and Royal Watler???...do you know where the freedom goes...or does it change?

I am bookingan excursion in the am and I was just trying to figure out how much time to allow and if we have to walk to the correct terminal

Thanks for the info...

I just got back from my cruise on the Freedom (7/12 - 7/18). You will pick up an hour time when you get there, so there will be plenty of time to book an excursion.

We were in Grand Cayman once on Liberty, and we had to anchor off of Spots Bay and tender in there. I don't know if it's because of sea conditions, or the number of ships in the other area. There's hardly nothing out there Spots Bay, so you have to get transport into town. The ships excursions came out there to get us. I don't know how often this happens. We didn't like it much, but it worked. We have been back 3 times, and always anchored off of the main town and tendered into the middle of town.

Archived