B719 Sea Princess??

cruiser1177

Hi,

Just seen on our cruise personalizer that we have been assigned this cabin.

Has anyone stayed in cabin B719 on the Sea Princess.

This is our first cruise and wanted to know if this cabin is in a good location. Ie No motion/noise etc.

Also we still have a few months before our cruise, so is there still a possiblity that we could still get an upgrade or is this our designated cabin now?

Thanks

C1177

I haven't had this inside stateroom, but it seems to be OK as far as what is above and below you (only passenger staterooms both below and above). As for motion? That will all depend on the condition of the seas the time you sail. If seas become rough, yes, you will feel motion no matter where your stateroom is located. Best area for less motion is midship on a lower deck. There is just no way to predict Mother Nature! Enjoy!

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies...

Do you think if i called Princess and requested a room further midship on the Baja, they might give me that?

Also is there still a possibility of an upgrade at all?

Thanks again,

Looking forward to your replies :)

As for calling Princess, if you have a TA they want you to go through them. Also as for an extra upgrade just never know. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Hey if we knew how the system worked we would all be trying to get upgrades.:D Bottom line: nothing is for usre.

Marilyn

The one problem with guarantees is that you need to be ready to accept what they assign you in the category you booked. Often times you will receive a higher category assignment, but not always. So, never book a guarantee in a category that you wouldn't be happy with in that stateroom area, or any other category above that.

You could call your TA and see if they could do any for you on this one, but Princess won't deal with you about your booking when booked through a travel agent.

BUT, I see there are also BC categories on the Caribe Deck more midship. What I would do is check the princess website to see if any of these BC category staterooms on Caribe are available. We have been able to switch 'within' the category we booked/or were assigned if there are other staterooms available, without a problem. Set your TA to work on this ASAP for you, especially if you see a stateroom you think you would be happier in within the BC category while they are still available. Good Luck!

Hi there,

Thanks for the info Toto2Kansas, you've been really helpful.

I dont mind really about the assignment we have, however if there is chance of noise or any uncomfort in this location, then i would want to try and move. I just assumed the higher the deck the better, is this not the case?

However the reason I asked was mainly because since the minute we started the proceeds of booking this cruise, there was constant mentions of 'possible' upgrades, so I just wasn't surehow the process works. For example if you have a cabin assigned on your Princess personalizer does that mean you're not in with a chance of an upgrade anymore? or could it be that you still could get an upgrade?

Cheers

C1177

Hi there,

Thanks for the info Toto2Kansas, you've been really helpful.

I dont mind really about the assignment we have, however if there is chance of noise or any uncomfort in this location, then i would want to try and move. I just assumed the higher the deck the better, is this not the case?

However the reason I asked was mainly because since the minute we started the proceeds of booking this cruise, there was constant mentions of 'possible' upgrades, so I just wasn't surehow the process works. For example if you have a cabin assigned on your Princess personalizer does that mean you're not in with a chance of an upgrade anymore? or could it be that you still could get an upgrade?

Cheers

C1177

Actually, the lower decks midship will normally have less movement than higher up. Put your elbow on the table with your hand pointing to the sky, and move your hand back and forth. That will give you a better idea of how the higher up you go, the more motion you will feel.

What we have experienced is that once a stateroom is assigned, yes, there is a slight chance you will receive a second assignment, could be an upgrade. BUT, the larger percentage of the time, once a stateroom has shown up on your Princess personalizer, that is usually where you end up. There are always exceptions, but they aren't all that common as remaining in the originally assigned cabin.

Best of luck!

Archived