#10 Jitney

TBT2012

I'm looking to take the #10 jitney from the pier to the Fish Fry. Does it pick up at the dock or just on Bay Street? Are there posted stops on the road or do I just flag one down? Do I need exactly $1.25 in US currency? Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to take the #10 jitney from the pier to the Fish Fry. Does it pick up at the dock or just on Bay Street? Are there posted stops on the road or do I just flag one down? Do I need exactly $1.25 in US currency? Thanks in advance!

The Jitney starts on George Street, across from the Bay street entrance to the Straw Market. (a few short blocks from the port exit)

There are marked stops along the way, but some will stop if you just flag them down.

Hopping on at George Street, you'll go up the short hill and then back down.. past Mcdonalds and the Hilton.. then along the esplanade beach to Arawak Cay's Fish Fry. Just tell the driver where you want to stop.

To get back to town, just reverse.

US or bahamian currencly. exact change. Pay as you leave the jitney.

Thank you, scubagirrl. As always, your posts are timely and very informative. Looking forward to my first taste of conch salad and conch fritters!

If you like the conch fritters, ask your waitress to bring you and order of cracked conch. Conch pounded out very thin, breaded and fried. If done right (and the fish fry does) you can cut it with a fork.:)

Scuba isn't this the same one that goes to Wyndham? I want to catch it on the second leg of our cruises to save a bit of money.

Yes, if you continue past the Fish Fry, the #10 jitney will take you to the wyhndham and beyond. Same for the return.. just hop back on heading in the other direction. They run from 6am to around 6:30pm

Archived