Liquor Store at Pier

Lobez

We will be docking with the Caribbean Princess at Crown Bay next week. We are planning a trip to the beach and then picking up some liquor from AH Riise. The problem we have is the ship is sailing at 3:00pm which leaves us very little time. Are the prices at the pier the same as in town liquor? I would rather skip the stop in Town and buy everything near the ship and spend more time at the beach.

Your on the same ship and trip. Join our Roll Call, Meet and Greet etc...

:cool:

Caribbean Princess 07/26/2009 A.D. CLICK HERE ROLL CALL

On alcohol. As Americans we are able to bring back more than the normal as per US Customs in Liquor and Tobacco Products. Make sure one Bottle is Made in the US Virgin Islands.

On pricing I have still seen the lowest at K-Mart on St. Thomas with also a good variety.

You do have that Grocery Store with locations near each main Pier area there in St. Thomas. ( they do have the Lowest Cost on Tobacco Products).

Choices choices.. I saved about 4 a carton vs the marina store and so called duty free... too.

The Ship will Price match. make sure you ask prior and show them a flyer in print so they see ahrd copy... that is if they stock what you want. Every Sold item is a check mark of inventory and as such a reduction in inventory and liked by there bosses and main office ..e.h.. ((Any SALE is a Good Sale))

AH Riise is located at both Havensite and Downtown and prices should be the same. You can also try Al Cohen's located in Al Cohen's Mall across the street from Havensite.

As a US citizen you are allowed 5 bottles of liquor per person. A sixth bottle is allowed if that product is made in the USVI.

Scott

Your on the same ship and trip. Join our Roll Call, Meet and Greet etc...

:cool:

Caribbean Princess 07/26/2009 A.D. CLICK HERE ROLL CALL

On alcohol. As Americans we are able to bring back more than the normal as per US Customs in Liquor and Tobacco Products. Make sure one Bottle is Made in the US Virgin Islands.

On pricing I have still seen the lowest at K-Mart on St. Thomas with also a good variety.

You do have that Grocery Store with locations near each main Pier area there in St. Thomas. ( they do have the Lowest Cost on Tobacco Products).

Choices choices.. I saved about 4 a carton vs the marina store and so called duty free... too.

The Ship will Price match. make sure you ask prior and show them a flyer in print so they see ahrd copy... that is if they stock what you want. Every Sold item is a check mark of inventory and as such a reduction in inventory and liked by there bosses and main office ..e.h.. ((Any SALE is a Good Sale))

Thanks for the info. Will check out the roll call. We are traveling with a group of 22 family members and are looking forward to a great vacation!

By far the most reasonable booze in St. Thomas can be purchased at the KMart or Pueblo supermarket. Cheaper even than AH Riise. You can cab it there - it is between Havensight and dowtown Charlotte Amalie.

True, but what you save in the cost of the liquor you may spend on the cost of the cab fair to get there and back.

Scott

True, but what you save in the cost of the liquor you may spend on the cost of the cab fair to get there and back.

Scott

I agree with the best prices are at K-Mart. On our last cruise, our group went to Coki Beach. When driver picked us up from the beach, 4 of us wanted to stopped at K-Mart. Driver was kind enough to drop us off, take remainder of group back to the ship and pick us up at K-Mart for the same price it would have been for roundtrip to the beach. Doesn't hurt to ask. :cool:

There are 2, AH Riise and Supreme and both have same prices as downtown but not as large a selection. Both will deliver 4 or more bottles to the ship at no cost so you don't have to carry. Al cohen at Havensite is owned now by Riise. Not worth lugging the stuff from Kart or Pueblo. Look for specials that include free bottles if you buy 2 or other premiums.

I wish I was traveling with 22 family member who didn't drink. Best i did was w/3 other non drinking seniors and rolled off the ship w/8- 6 packs. You should have seen the look of the customs inspector! Yes you need 1 VI rum for every buyer to get the 5-6 allowance. Even if the ship matches price the purchases on board are not the same allowance as if you buy in St. Thomas.

We just got back from our CB cruise yesterday. I found the prices in San Juan to be just as good and some better than AH Riis. We went to Trunk Bay in St. Johns that day so her was no time for shopping in St. Thomas.

Archived