Time!

SJChaput

I am looking through all my cruise info making an itinerary and planning everything in advance... Trouble is I am getting confused when it comes to TIME.

The cruise leaves port at 4:00pm.. It leaves from Tampa so I assume it means Eastern time...

It docks at Cayman at 7am... Is that Eastern time of ship time? Is ship time ALWAYS the time zone of the port it left from?

Some excursions from 3rd party companies I am booking with have times listed but don't mention what time zone... So should I assume it is local time and not ship time?

I just don't know how to account for the different times everything seems to be running on... I hear the ship time is different from local time so I should make sure to set my watch to ship time, but what about the excursion times.

Color me a little confused and begging for a simple explanation.

:D:D I understand your confusion! Don't worry about it untill you get on the ship. Watch the Capers (daily schedule put in your cabin each night when your bed is turned down) it will tell you about time changes. Ask crew members they will be happy to help you. But right now don't stress, enjoy planning things it will all be OK! :)

OH and trust me the folks on shore that your planning things with know exactly when the ship is coming in! After all it's their job and your their paycheck. Again ask on the ship as we've been on ships that keep the same time as debarkation port time and we've been on ships that change the time accourding to where they are in the time zone areas.

I am looking through all my cruise info making an itinerary and planning everything in advance... Trouble is I am getting confused when it comes to TIME.

The cruise leaves port at 4:00pm.. It leaves from Tampa so I assume it means Eastern time...

It docks at Cayman at 7am... Is that Eastern time of ship time? Is ship time ALWAYS the time zone of the port it left from?

Some excursions from 3rd party companies I am booking with have times listed but don't mention what time zone... So should I assume it is local time and not ship time?

I just don't know how to account for the different times everything seems to be running on... I hear the ship time is different from local time so I should make sure to set my watch to ship time, but what about the excursion times.

Color me a little confused and begging for a simple explanation.

It is eastern time, we just got back from and some ports were 2 hours behind, the captain ran the ship on our time not the ports time, and the people doing the excursions know to go by ship time not there time. It was wierd to go into port our time 7;00 am there time was 5 am. enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the tips.

I contacted the places that don't specify time zone on their websites and asked what time they are running their schedules on...

God I can't wait for this cruise... My wedding is the day before and I am conflicted as to which one I am looking forward to more :)

Just follow the "Ships" time..... if booking an independant tour, they know when these ships arrive regardless of time and have tours coordianted accordingly. This is their livlihood and I assure you they know when you are scheduled to get there. I always contact the tour operator and tell them the ship and expected arrival time per the itinerary and let them advise me what tour time is the best for us.

Archived