Carnival Ecstasy-7/16-20 Review with pics

ksatte03

I went on the same ship a few weeks earlier and we had a blast..... I heard that someone had a heart attack on this trip and the ship was not able to leave until 11 or 12 midnight from Mexico. I was wondering if that was this cruise and how the ship handled the delay????? So far we have been pleased with Carnival Cruise line. I would hate to have been that family that had to was sent to the Mexico hospital. That would scary.......

That was probably the cruise I was on, although someone mentioned that there was another medical emergency on The Ecstasy just a couple of weeks ago. The ship handled the situation well. An announcement was made to keep us informed, and since we had an extra half day on board, a full breakfast and lunch was served, and the gift shops stayed open (good for me since I needed to pick up a couple of last minute souvenirs). It was a mess disembarking, being that the ship was scheduled to set sail again that same day, but that could not be helped. It was handled very professionally and I applaud Carnival for that.

ksatte: Sure enjoyed reading your review, as well as the pictures. We are sailing the Ecstasy on 8/8, and it will be our first Carnival cruise. Just wondering what time you arrived at the terminal, were the lines long, and about what time you actually boarded the ship. Thanks a bunch!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review and pics. We are going to be on the Ecstasy August 17th. This will be our third time on this ship. Always enjoy reading great reviews!! :)

I leave on my first sailing on the Ecstasy in February with a bunch of my Houston area girlfriends. Thank you for the great information! PS - your photo looks great! Was that taken by the cruise staff with their camera or was it with your digital?

ksatte: Sure enjoyed reading your review, as well as the pictures. We are sailing the Ecstasy on 8/8, and it will be our first Carnival cruise. Just wondering what time you arrived at the terminal, were the lines long, and about what time you actually boarded the ship. Thanks a bunch!

We arrived at the terminal around noon and it only took about an hour or so to board. Very smooth embarkation. :)

I leave on my first sailing on the Ecstasy in February with a bunch of my Houston area girlfriends. Thank you for the great information! PS - your photo looks great! Was that taken by the cruise staff with their camera or was it with your digital?

The only professional pics I included in my review were the formal night pictures. The rest I shot with my Samsung SL202 10.2 mp camera. It was a birthday gift (they retail for around $150) :)

Thanks for the great review! I was curious about the Fury excursion. What type of camera was used for that underwater pic? Just a disposable one? I'm considering getting a new underwater digital camera before we go, just can't make up my mind if I can spare the extra cash..LOL...We're going on the Ecstasy Oct. 31st, right after the scheduled dry dock...We can't wait:D

Thanks for the great review! I was curious about the Fury excursion. What type of camera was used for that underwater pic? Just a disposable one? I'm considering getting a new underwater digital camera before we go, just can't make up my mind if I can spare the extra cash..LOL...We're going on the Ecstasy Oct. 31st, right after the scheduled dry dock...We can't wait:D

The picture I posted was taken by the photographer onboard the Fury, but I also used a Kodak disposable camera that I purchased at walmart.

Hey CruisinMom2 I will be sailing on the same date. Myself, best friend, and his sons. I can't wait.

Have you ever been on the Ecstasy before? Haven't seen many postings about it lately, except for ksatte's great review. My family of 3 are cruise addicts so we already know we will have a fantastic trip! Just trying to find out as much as possible because we are travelling with several family members who are first-time cruisers and want everything to go as smoothly as possible for them...:)

Nice review...Since you can be fined for picture taking in the terminal, that can't be Carnival's rule. I'm sure it's TSA or similar.;)

Department of Homeland Security. Mass Transportation will always be considered a threat.

Love your review and pics so far. Your elegant night dress is very pretty. Hmmmm, my guess on who the guy w/you and your friend looks like is Kid Rock? Who were you thinking?

Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow! ;)

Thank you so much for your great review w/pix. We leave in 10 days on the Ecstasy, I've sailed on her once before.

I have a question for you though.

While dining, did you notice any large groups seated together? I am traveling with a group of 10 (11 total) and I want to be sure we can all sit together. On a Conquest sailing 2 years ago, our group was split, I was so disappointed we couldn't all be together to rehash our day! Thanks in advance for your reply!:D

Thank you so much for your great review w/pix. We leave in 10 days on the Ecstasy, I've sailed on her once before.

While dining, did you notice any large groups seated together? I am traveling with a group of 10 (11 total) and I want to be sure we can all sit together. On a Conquest sailing 2 years ago, our group was split, I was so disappointed we couldn't all be together to rehash our day! Thanks in advance for your reply!:D

I've sailed on the Ecstasy twice. The largest table size that they have are for 10 people. I'm not sure - maybe they'll let you try to squeeze 11 in...but, they'll probably split you up. It's worth asking for. When you get your Sail & Sign cards it will have your table number on it. If you're not together - go to the Maitre'd and ask if they can accommodate you.

Have a great cruise and please post a review and pics when you get back.

Ashley :)

I agree with the above comment. There were a couple of family reunions on our ship and they were able to arrange seating arrangements together. Just see your maitre'd on the 1st night. Have fun!:)

We will be on the same sailing with you guys! :) We have a group of 9 going on this cruise. The last time I was on the Ecstasy we had a group of 11. They did seat us all together as we requested. However, we were really cramped at our table. Hope you have a great cruise!!:D

Archived