Cave tubing with glasses

cruising_rocket_scientist

My husband and I finally booked our cruise and our cave tubing adventure with Major Tom. He's worried we won't be able to wear our glasses because of the deep water. If we can't wear our glasses, I will definitely be blind and miss out on all the fun scenery. Has anyone who has done the cave tubing worn their glasses? Would this be an ok thing to do? It sounds like the float and everything are pretty mellow.

Thanks for your help.

Not a problem. We have cave tubed in Belize twice now (once through the cruise line and once with Major Tom). My father and my partner wear glasses and had no issues. The current is pretty mild. Not a bad idea to get those rubber thingies that attach to the glasses to help keep them on.

Have done this twice wearing glasses with no problems, but the rubber thingies cruzluver suggests sound like a great idea.

Or, you could bring a slightly older pair of glasses along, that you wouldn't mind losing. I often bring my older glasses with me on cruises, in case something happens to the current ones, as I can't see anything without 'em.

Jan

Always wear my glasses but I do use eyeglass straps. You can get cheap ones in a dollar store but they tend to be thick behind the ears. I have found that "croakies" work the best. They are made from neoprene and are very comfortable. I wear them with my sunglasses as well when I swim at the beach. They cost $18 -$22 but I feel it is worth every penny! You can get them at any sunglass store and occasionally at a department store. Have fun cave tubing! It is a blast!:):)

Archived