Advice on child friendly activities in ports

guk

I am going on the independence on the nov tranatlantic out of southampton and was wondering if anyone knew of any child friendly activities to do in Funchal, Vigo and cherborg, our daughter will be 3 and a half as we are not wanting to over use the kids clubs before the 6 day crossing and am a bit worried about the weather? Also any other advice on how to spend so many days at sea with an active 3 yr old also appreciated as only our second cruise and our first transatlantic.

Not about the ports but the ship: My son was 3 when he first cruised. He was the clingy type and didnt want to go to the club but by the second day, I was dragging him out. Same with my daughter. The clubs are absolutely wonderful and you might find that your child is having their very own vacation without you! But to break it up, on that cruise we took our kids at noon for swimming, lunch and a little rest time in the cabin, and at the dinner break we took them to the cabin for cleanup and a little time with games or TV. You may decide to keep her out for the afternoon times to nap or have family time and that will break it up nicely.

My point is, time goes by really fast on the ship...your daughter may never want to leave the club but if she does, theres loads to do...even a stroll around is exciting.

Archived