Teen Question

rs38

Our daughter will be within 30 days of her 13th birthday when we take our next Disney cruise. I have read that Disney will let her -- if we consent -- "move up" to the teens area. For those of you who've had a young teen in the teen area on the ship I'm interested in your impressions on how a younger "teen" fares with the older kids. Is there adequate supervision to prevent things from getting out of hand?

I read recently that DCL is now starting the teens at 14 in the teens club. I dont know if that was on a trial basis or if it is a permanent thing now so she may not be able to get into the teen area anyway.

But when it was allowed our 13 year old grandaughter was in the Stack and there was plenty of supervision. The kids did a natural split between the younger and older teens from what she said both cruises.

They did do games and parties together with counselors present but many of the odler teens didnt care about things like the scavenger hunt, brains verses brawn contest, pizza party,smoothies party etc... They mostly wanted to sit and hand together which as fine.

They dont have to participate if they don't want to. There was always 2 counselors in the Stack at all times when it was open from what I was told. Of course at that age the kids can come and go as they please.

We wre very comfortable with her going there. We ran into her and other teens scurring around the ship more than once but they were doing scavenger hunts and other such games. If it wasnt for dinner we sould never have seen her:D A couple of times we let her have dinner around the pool with her new friends too.

Hi - you didn't mention which cruise you were going on. If you are on the Magic there is a tween group 11-13. The teen group is 14-17. The tween are in Ocean Quest and the teens in The Stack. If you are on the Magic your daughter will be in OQ and if she is like my 12yr old daughter you may not see much of her. She had a great time and still texts many of the kids she met on the ship.

I believe the Wonder still has the 10-12 group and 13-17 group. This is because they do not have OQ on the Wonder. We have not been on the Wonder so can't speak to what they would do.

No matter what group she ends up with Disney has plenty of supervision so that shouldn't be a worry.

Hi

Sailed on the Magic June 2009 with 12 year old nephew. He hung out with the tweens and loved it. They "cruised" the ship night and day. He promised to meet us for a SHORT dinner. I was glad we had excursions planned so we could spend time together.

He too has kept in contact with tweens and crew members.

Hi - you didn't mention which cruise you were going on. If you are on the Magic there is a tween group 11-13. The teen group is 14-17. The tween are in Ocean Quest and the teens in The Stack. If you are on the Magic your daughter will be in OQ and if she is like my 12yr old daughter you may not see much of her. She had a great time and still texts many of the kids she met on the ship.

I believe the Wonder still has the 10-12 group and 13-17 group. This is because they do not have OQ on the Wonder. We have not been on the Wonder so can't speak to what they would do.

No matter what group she ends up with Disney has plenty of supervision so that shouldn't be a worry.

Yes, the Wonder does have 10-12 in Oceaneer's Lab, and 13-17 in Aloft. Oceanquest (10-13) on the Magic is actually conference rooms on the Wonder.

Archived