Cave-tubing dot com

cruisinsly

tWO WEEKS AGO WE DID CAVETUBING WITH THEM...THE RIVER WAS HIGH AND I GOT CAUGHT IN A GIANT WHIRPOOL....STAYED 30 SECONDS UNDERWATER....VERY DANGEROUS..NO JOKE...BE CAREFULL WHEN THERE IS A LOT FO RAIN .....bY the way a women dide last fall...that's why Carnival DOESN'T offer these tours nomore.

We did the cave tubing with them two years ago and it was great. There were five of us- DH, me, two 16 y.o. boys and a 9 y.o. girl. The group was very small and well supervised compared to the ship tours we saw. The bus ride was fun, the walk to get to the beginning of the tubing was interesting and the restaurant we stopped at on the way back was DELICIOUS. I give them the thumbs up!

Thanks Lou and Warmer Climes. My husband use to be a life guard and a safety swimmer in the Marines. I feel pretty confident with my hubby there.

I guess what I was looking for was detailed information, such as do you do the cave tubing first or the ATV? Or informational details from others who had been on it and could give me just their impression on the tour.

Once again, I appreciate any and all information that has been offered. :)

We did it in may and we had a blast. Yhoney's guys were with us the WHOLE time and was never more the arms legnth from us. They kept the whole group in a good chain so i dont see how you could be seperated like that.

We did fine and i would do it again in a heart beat, just follow instructions and stick together.

My family and I did Cave tubing with Yhonny in April 2007. We had a great time. The guides took good care of our group, carrying the women and kids tubes through the forest, paddling us through the river. It was really a blast.

Regards,

Tom

We did this tour in Sept 2008. After debarking the ship we boarded the bus, had a tour of Belize city as we headed out. It is a long ride to the caves but they keep it interesting. About 3 quarters of the way there we stopped at a large hut type bar/eating area (very cool) and dropped off the atv people. Then we continued the ride to the caves (we only did the tubing portion). After arriving at the area, using the restrooms getting tube and gear we were on our way hiking to the cave. We waited at the waters edge for about 20 or 30 minutes for the atv group to join us. Then we tubed one cave and down the river. During the ride back we stopped at that same hut type bar, we were running late so they brought the food on the bus and we ate lunch on the ride back.

So if nothing has changed you will atv first then tube. But I would email them to be sure.

We just sailed on the Carnival Valor 08/02-08/09 and did the cave-tubing tour in Belize. This by far was the best excursion we have done on all 6 of our cruises. The staff of Cave-Tubing.com is what makes this excursion. They take care of you from the minute you find them at the port/terminal. From that point they get you on one of their buses and you are taken from the ship terminal to the Rain Forest. If you do the ATV's those folks get off on the way and do the ATV's first and then the cave tubing. Everyone is introduced to you (employees) and the days excursion is explained in full detail. No problems only solutions! Keith does a great job getting everyone ready for the day. Once you arrive at the park, you are able to change, use the restroom, etc. and then you are off to get your tube and life vest. Once that's done, you have a nice walk into the rain forest with the guides and then you get on the tubes and are brought down the river by guides and all the tubes are linked (foot under arms). It was a very nice lazy ride down the river over some rapids and some low spots - BUTTS UP! We had our 7 year old twin boys, and the tour guides - Keith and Lionel made sure they were right next to them the entire time to make sure they were fine. These guys know what they are doing. If you are going to do a cave tubing excursion in Belize, there is only one company you should use, Cave-Tubing.com.

John, Kim, Robert & Nicholas

We just sailed on the Carnival Valor 08/02-08/09 and did the cave-tubing tour in Belize. This by far was the best excursion we have done on all 6 of our cruises. The staff of Cave-Tubing.com is what makes this excursion. They take care of you from the minute you find them at the port/terminal. From that point they get you on one of their buses and you are taken from the ship terminal to the Rain Forest. If you do the ATV's those folks get off on the way and do the ATV's first and then the cave tubing. Everyone is introduced to you (employees) and the days excursion is explained in full detail. No problems only solutions! Keith does a great job getting everyone ready for the day. Once you arrive at the park, you are able to change, use the restroom, etc. and then you are off to get your tube and life vest. Once that's done, you have a nice walk into the rain forest with the guides and then you get on the tubes and are brought down the river by guides and all the tubes are linked (foot under arms). It was a very nice lazy ride down the river over some rapids and some low spots - BUTTS UP! We had our 7 year old twin boys, and the tour guides - Keith and Lionel made sure they were right next to them the entire time to make sure they were fine. These guys know what they are doing. If you are going to do a cave tubing excursion in Belize, there is only one company you should use, Cave-Tubing.com.

John, Kim, Robert & Nicholas

Great review!! Thanks for sharing. I am so glad to know that the guides were right there with your 7 yr olds. I have been wondering about how we were going to do this with our 5 yr old. Once again, thanks!

How long is the walk to the caves? Is it rough terrain, steep, and stairs? I ask cause i have a few members in our group that are bigger and could easily walk a mile but up hill or rocky pathes would make it hard for them.

I have tried to go to www.cave-tubing.com and just cave-tubing.com but each time get a place holder site that normally means a domain is for sale (the kind where it has various other search links like ear tubes, defibulators and all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with cave tubing). Is the company no longer in business or do they have another website?

Well, I just booked and received the email cofirmation for our ATV and cave tubing with Yhoney.

We are coming in on the Valor in Dec and I was wondering what the water levels are like that time of year.

Also, I have read alot of posts about them rushing his tours and being loud in the caves. Has anyone experienced any problems like this with his tours?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Julie

It is absolutely working now. I have no idea what was wrong then but it was sure a different site that came up when I used that same address. Maybe it was a hacker or something.

lol, I've had that happen to me before too. Glad you finally got it.

bajathree, From what I have seen while looking at excursions, the "normal" ATV and jeep tours go through the jungle and either go to some ruins or go to a private beach resort. I saw very few that were a combo of the ATV and the cave tubing. From the video on the cave-tubing.com website, it looks like a kind of course you go around on in the jungle and then you go cave tubing. Seemed different than the other ATV excursions I saw elsewhere because it was geared more as an addon to the cave tubing (says it is about 5 mins away from the cave tubing) rather than a whole separate trip.

When in doubt, just ask the company. One of the first things I like to check out with a company is to see how long it takes them to answer my e-mail (remembering of course that they may not check until night time here). Cave-tubing.com was one of the fastest ever so even if they are bad, at least they type quick. <g>

bajathree, From what I have seen while looking at excursions, the "normal" ATV and jeep tours go through the jungle and either go to some ruins or go to a private beach resort. I saw very few that were a combo of the ATV and the cave tubing. From the video on the cave-tubing.com website, it looks like a kind of course you go around on in the jungle and then you go cave tubing. Seemed different than the other ATV excursions I saw elsewhere because it was geared more as an addon to the cave tubing (says it is about 5 mins away from the cave tubing) rather than a whole separate trip.

When in doubt, just ask the company. One of the first things I like to check out with a company is to see how long it takes them to answer my e-mail (remembering of course that they may not check until night time here). Cave-tubing.com was one of the fastest ever so even if they are bad, at least they type quick. <g>

Yea....I agree....I always shoot e-mails back and forth for independent companies to get a feel for them....Thanks:)

Does anyone know if there is enough time after the ATV/tubing adventure with Yhoney for shopping or just a relaxing time on a beach?

From what I've heard, there's often an hour or so left for shopping at the tourism village, but there is no convenient beach nearby- all of the beaches are on outlying islands or further down the coast.

Archived