Ship time v. local time, tenders...help!

MamaParrotHead

We're on Carnival Glory in November, going on RR&R tour with Nativeway. We're supposed to arrive into port at 7 ship's time (I'm assuming the time written on our itinerary is ship's time?), our tour starts at 9 local time. Given the fact that we're not on a ship sponsored excursion, and I don't know what the tender ticket situation is going to be, does anyone have any advice what time I need to be in line for a tender and/or what time I need to be ashore? And what is the difference between ship's time and local time at this time of year?

Thanks.

There was a huge problem with Carnival and the island as far as time went. We had set our clocks back one hour, but it seems Cayman was an hour ahead. Shop keepers wouldn't let us buy liquor because they said it was less than an hour until sail away, but it was 2 hours. People got to tours at ship time and had to wait one hour for the tour to start. It seems Cayman is on US time.

I do not want you to miss a tour, so I would get an early tender. There is a ton of shopping within walking diatance to the tours if you are early.

It depends on the time of year. The Cayman Islands are on EST, which is the same time as the eastern seaboard of the US, but the do NOT observe daylight savings time as we do on the eastern seaboard. So, if it was the spring/summer they should be an hour behind. The rest of the year they are same. I'm surprised Carnival was so mixed up on this. Whenever I have sailed the ship told us to adjust our watches to what ever island we were going to. It was always clearly indicated in the Compass. All our cruise excursions matched the time on the island. We never have had a problem as long as we followed the directions in the Compass. My son is going on Carnival in 2 weeks. I will warn him to be careful and ask the excursion desk to be sure.

Archived