Bringing Own Coffee Pot

I know this may seem like a strange question/request. My husband is fanatical about his coffee and we usually bring a small 2-4 cup coffee pot wherever we go. Can we bring on board (we're sailing on the Grandeur)our own coffee pot? Thanks.

You can probably get away with taking it on board but do you want to be responsible for possibly causing a fire on the ship?

Carnival Ecstasy, March 1993

Celebrity Millennium, Caribbean, Jan 2002

Coral Princess, Panama Canal Feb. 2, 2003 (Review)

Celebrity Summit, Alaska Land (Land Tour Review) & Sea (Cruise Review), Aug. 15,2003

Navigator of the Seas, Family Reunion, March 13, 2004

(Review)

Celebrity Infinity, Valparaiso(Santiago), Chile to Fort Lauderdale, via Panama Canal, Feb. 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My sister, a veteran of 20 plus cruises always takes her coffee pot. On our last cruise we had adjoining verandas on the back of the ship and she would hand me a cup of coffee over the balcony railing every morning. It was great; so is she. Take your pot, but pack it carefully.

Better yet, order room service and save the packing space for shopping!! icon_smile.gif

Brilliance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch Of The Seas

Whodunit Murder Mystery Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;3;17;50;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001

Voyager of the Seas 8/2000

Carnival Holiday 3/1998

Viking Seranade 1/1996

Viking Seranade 4/1995

I'm not flaming anyone...but boy it just seems rediculous to take a coffee pot. I just can't be that picky.

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

<MARQUEE>RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004 </MARQUEE>

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

pistons_65.gif NBA Championship 2004!

Win Pistons 4 Bucks 1 On to round 2

Pistons 2 Nets 1

The Navigator had "Seattle's Best" coffee in the dining room, promenade cafe, and windjammer and it was delicious. I would go down to the promenade cafe every morning and bring us back a couple of cups while we get ready for our day. It's not a big deal.

I would want to pack as little as possible. Plus the room space is somewhat limited.

Navigator of the Seas 5/1/04

I brought my own french press pot and coffee, because I had read that the coffee on RCI was hideous. Well, I used the pot exactly once, and after that, I put it away for the rest of the cruise. I was so enjoying the cruise experience, that I quickly became acclimated to the ship's coffee. I couldn't have cared less that RCI's coffee wasn't as good as mine!

So, Maxtonio, my advice is to bring your own pot, so you can have the option of having your own coffee. You just may end up as we did, stowing the pot after one use.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

teddie

My cruise photos can be seen at the link below!

http://community.webshots.com/user/teepe54

Enchantment of the Seas September 2003

Explorer of the Seas, April 2003

birdyhunter: It's no more ridiculous than bringing a Crock pot!!! icon_biggrin.gif

The crock pot is for the Ranch steak, you take it back to your cabin, then simmer all night in the red wine.

...the next day...mmmmmmmmmmm, you've got some bait there the fish just CAN'T resist. Then to the balcony to do some fishin'.

You reach over to your new-found buddies in the next balcony, and grab a fresh-brewed cuppa java (Tim Horton's I hope), and think to yourself...

it just doesn't get better than this...

icon_razz.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

Hey Erin, you're making fun of me now! icon_wink.gif We're planning to bring our own coffeepot. I'm really picky about my coffee (DH was in the Navy and could drink anything, but I'm a little more particular.) You'll see when you're coming to our cabin for a decent cup of coffee!

If the coffee on the ship is good, that's great, but I like the idea of having our own pot. If it's bad, I can't see going 12 days without a decent cup of coffee. Our daughter still naps every afternoon and I'm looking forward to brewing a pot and sitting on my balcony with a book and a cup of coffee every afternoon. We're bringing a pot with a thermal caraffe, so the coffee will stay hot and it's not a fire hazard.

It also helps that we're driving to the port, so luggage space isn't a real problem. We'd think twice if we were flying.

Lorraine: COOL!!!

Now that I know your bringing a coffee pot, I'LL bring the T.H. coffee!!! YES!

Your balcony WILL be crowded. Hopefuly the ship makes decent Tea, or I'll be looking for someone else with a Teapot/Kettle for Margaret.

icon_rolleyes.gif

This is getting complicated....

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

T.H. = Tim Hortons , uno, the worlds best coffee!! at least most Canucks think so. (there's one on every corner) LOL

oh yeah, and Maggie says 'Thanks' - she's bringing the Irish Mist!! (gotta have Irish Coffee's, ummm- providing someone else brings Electric Beaters to whip the cream. -"D'OH!!!)

Yep, That's the only thing we're smuggling on board, the "Irish Mist", just that,

...and the Harvey's Bristol Cream (of course), yep,

that's all w'ere smuggling on board, just......

icon_razz.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

I always pack my coffe pot because I like t wake up smelling it brewing. I could use room service but it doesn't stay hot and we drink more than room service would bring.

I can also make a pot anytime of day and enjoy on my balcony.

I always clean it myself and make sure its unplugged.

Enjoy...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;2;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

First ever European adventure on Splendour of Seas

Never heard of T.H. in California, must a Canadian thing.

Brilliance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch Of The Seas

Whodunit Murder Mystery Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;3;17;50;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001

Voyager of the Seas 8/2000

Carnival Holiday 3/1998

Viking Seranade 1/1996

Viking Seranade 4/1995

T.H.=Tim Hortons

It is a Canadian company that has the best coffee. Most of us in Canada can't live without it. Its better than any coffee I have had anywhere else. For example, in London, Ontario and other spots people line up for their morning fix around six or so. People also go late at night until 11:30. If I could I would bring a tin. Alas no coffee makers icon_frown.gif

vaquita: Take a tin, then find somebody like my new BEST FRIENDS - Mike & Lorraine, that are taking a pot, and together - voila! you've got coffee on the patio! icon_cool.gif

KStevens79: Ya! you Californians gotta problem!!

Last time I was in LA, my Rep picked me up early AM, and on the way to our first call asked "so, you all ready?"

I said - NO, I NEED A COFFEE!!!

Okay he said. Well, he must have driven 5 blocks before he found a coffee shop. I was flabergasted! A fella could die of thirst around here. icon_eek.gif

This scenario was repeated 5 or 6 more times that morning, and by lunchtime, we were so frazzled from trying to find enough coffee shops that we both really needed another coffee BAD.

Grandeur of the Seas

05-31-04

maxtonio, wouldn't travel without my coffeepot.

Just back from 5/1 NOS. Took own coffepot and was sure glad I did. Ordered room service coffee first morning just to give it a try and the spoon just about stood straight up by itself, it was so strong!!

Also suggest power strip and extension cord. Plug power strip in on desk and run extension cord to bathroom for blowdryer and curling iron. There are no plugins in bath except some strang plug that says shavers only.

Have a great cruise, NOS is an awesome ship.

5/1/04 - Navigator of the Sea

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Room Service will bring all of the coffee you order. They will also continue to come back if you continue to call. You can order muffins, juice etc. to accompany your coffee. Room Service is a 24 hour no extra charge service.

I know a lot of you like Tim Horton's coffee, but I can't stand the stuff. We've got them all over Detroit and I've bought it several times thinking that I just got a bad cup of coffee. No such luck, its been bitter and really strong every time. I compare it to "camp" coffee, the boiled all day type. icon_frown.gif

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

<MARQUEE>RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004 </MARQUEE>

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

pistons_65.gif NBA Championship 2004!

Win Pistons 4 Bucks 1 On to round 2

Pistons 2 Nets 1

Trying to picture a coffee maker in the cabin..where do you put it? On the desk we had our little cooler(12 can cooler) and ice bucket and there was no more room for anything else.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived