First Timer Cruise Report on Norwegian Dawn

dolphinlover2

Was this helpful for a first-time cruiser?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful for a first-time cruiser?

• 1 month later...

Excellent review!

Believe me, that was most helpful. I'm planning on taking a cruise in 2010 with my mother and father and your review was probably the best and most informative I've read thus far on the site.

Question, do you have any pictures you've uploaded on the Internet that you feel comfortable posting or sharing?

Thanks again!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very well written review.

A couple of comments...do not base your decision on whether or not the ship has free style dining. On the major cruise lines, breakfast and lunch in the main dining room are open seating. If you do not want to sit with anyone else, just ask! There is assigned seating for dinner but on our 30 cruises it has only been two or three times that we asked to move. Generally our dinner companions have been truly outstanding in every way. There have been business people, school teachers, physicians, food brokers, RNs lawyers, house wives and many others.

And there are some other cruise lines that have both free style and traditional dining. Princess, RCCL, and now Celebrity have this.

Secondly, while I understand an aversion to formal nights, from reading your review you might consider a cruise that has these. Remember on a 7 -day cruise there will be two formal nights and it isn't going bust your suitcase to take some nice clothes. Black pants and nice tops seem to work wonders for women. The other nights are smart casual which means do not wear shorts or jeans in the main dining room at dinner (and even a nice pair of jeans are acceptable on some cruise lines).

skythedog,

Thanks...I've never posted pictures here before. I have over 200 pictures of my cruise...tell me what you are particularly interested in seeing and I'll figure out how to post.

fredr,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I have noticed that other cruise lines are giving the freestyle type dining option now. I didn't know that breakfast and lunch were open seating on all cruise lines--I had thought you were dining with the same people all 3 meals! As a newbie cruiser, I also didn't know that black slacks and nice top was acceptable on formal nights--that is totally doable for me...I was thinking evening gowns as the norm. I never wore jeans to dinner even on Norwegian. You've just opened up the other cruise lines as options for me...thanks!

Archived