Anyone been on NCL and Carnival?

You will have a great time on either of these ships. What a great vacation cruising is. I prefer the Carnival experience over the NCL experience. Both are very similar, but I prefer the food and activities that Carnival provides. Carnival will have larger cabins so if you can save $200.00 by choosing Carnival that might be the best deal. I am surprised that the cost of the Carnival cruise is less than NCL. Usually NCL is hard to beat on price.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been on both Carnival and NCL. Personally I prefer Carnival.

Although the Mexican Riviera itinary I did with NCl was by far in my top two cruises. I would like to re-do it on Carnival and compare.

I guess I am an exception, but I just do not prefer the freestyle dining. This could be due to the fact that I normally cruise with a larger group of about 15 people and every day when you ask them where do you want to eat, you get that blank stare and no one can make a decision. :eek: "uhhhhhh, I don't care". LOL After about an hour of wasting time talking about it I feel like it is always a last minute decision taking the place that has the space available.

If you are cruising with a larger group I suggest Carnival over NCL. I like the structured place and time to be. It is just one less thing to worry about and everyone can just either report or go to the buffet. Plus you know that your seat will always be open and ready for you instead of standing in a line waiting.

Carnival is by far the more affordable of all the cruises I think. So keeping that in mind expect it to be packed with families and children, especially around the Prom. Deck while school is off during the summer. Luckily i normally travel in September after all the kids are back in school so it is not too bad.

You have pro's and cons to think about and compare. If it is cost then go with Carnival, unless you find a great deal on another line. But that is just my opinion.

Either way you will enjoy yourself.

Archived