belize in the sun

margincall

Ive seen their website here and both the blue hole and howler monkey tours sounded interesting-has anyone ever used them and has anyone taken those tours

Also how do the cruise ships do the tendering schedule if you dont have their tours

We are scheduled for the Laminai tour with them off the Glory ($85 per person) on September 8. They actually have a four-person minimum for that tour (Coral Breeze isn't offering their tour that day since the Glory is the only ship in port), so we are waiting to see if another couple (or more) signs up. If anyone is thinking about it, we'd love to have some company, otherwise we may be scrambling a week before the cruise to find a replacement.

I've spoken with the people who run the company personally and they seem to know what they are doing. It's a number of experienced Belize tour guides.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to ping this thread again to bring it to the forefront. Anyone else used Belize in the Sun as tour operators? Do they have reasonable rates? What has been your experience with them?

We did use them for our Laminai trip last year, and this was the best excursion we've had in our five cruises. Belize in the Sun was very professional meeting us at the tender area and getting us into the van and on our way within ten minutes.

Our guide was Capt. Sanchez, who was a bit of a local character, who had plenty of stories about his younger days when he made his way working from Belize to the US and back. He had a lot of stories which did not seem like memorized patter but kept us entertained the whole time. He even took my wife and me aside when we were at the ruins and proclaimed us "honorary" citizens of Belize.

I had heard that some of the other tour companies sometimes had a rather cavalier attitude about time, but Belize in the Sun and Capt. Sanchez kept a good eye on the clock but never made it seem like they were rushing us. Ironically, as we were getting ready to leave the ruins, another tour company was just arriving, and I wondered if they would have to rush to make it back. As for us, we had time for an impromptu tour of the city on the way back.

I would highly recommend Belize in the Sun for their combination of knowledge, professionalism, and enjoyability.

• 1 month later...

I'm also wondering about this tour, although I won't be there the same day as you. We will be arriving on Carnival Legend on 8/27, and are trying to find a Lamanai tour. Belize in the sun seems to have good reviews, but their website doesn't mention the price or the minimum number of people. It is just my wife and I, so if there is a 4-person minimum, that could be a problem. How much are you guys paying for this tour? Also, has anyone else done a Lamanai tour with Belize in the Sun or with any other operator? I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Archived