something i can't understand about the drinks

mariado

Hello there,

I booked a cruise with Costa Victoria in Venice, Greek Islands and Croatia....

There is something i can't get about the x1 package....Everything sounds ok about the wine and beer during the meels...ok

But what about coffee, Tea, maybe a glass of wine at the disco...

I am drinking 6 cups of tea or coffee during the day...And i also want to get a few glasses of wine late at night...(and when i say late i mean really late, at leat as late as some bar or disco is open)

Is that possible with the X1 package or i have to pay for those extras?

Thanks in advance

Maria

Coffee and tea are usually available for free in the buffet 24hrs (and room service). Wine is extra any time outside of mealtime - unless you take your 1/2 full bottle from dinner back to your cabin and fill a glass to take to the disco ;)

i think it is only for meals, however i did read on one of the many and i do mean many review sites that if you get the x1package then the waiters bring bottles of wine to you and your drink service is much better. I am taking that same cruise on the fortuna in november. when do you plan on travelling?:cool:

Thanks alot guys!!!

Well i am leaving quite soon on 12 August...but my travel agent told me that i don't have to book the X1 online and that will be available when i will get on the ship ....I feel much better with your help.

Enjoy your cruise with Fortuna!

Thanks Again

Maria

The X1 is NOT available on the ship. You have to order it via agent or direct through Costa upto 14 days prior to departure. The drinks are for meals only..lunch & evening meal.

The only package for all inclusive is J2 and that again must be ordered thru agent or Costa direct.

Both packages are paid for at time of ordering.

I agree - the x1 package is NOT available on the ship. Friends of ours tried to get it on board and were told NO. It MUST be ordered (and paid for) at least 14 days in advance. Most TA's are not aware of this package - heck even some of the Costa service reps aren't aware of it - best kept secret! It's called a "beverage by the glass" package - it's not on their website or anywhere but these cc threads. We've used it 3 times and have gotten more than our money's worth.

maria do - we just got back on Saturday on C Victoria after being recommended X1. We found it excellent, at our first visit to the restaurant the waiter asked for all our cards as the maitre D wanted to inspect them. After that everytime my husband held this hand up two small beers arrived within minutes. I had wine on tap with mineral water at the same time. They couldn't do enough.

Then at lunch we went for a small early lunch in the buffet and had a few drinks and then a pudding before the buffet closed at 2.30 for a few more drinks.

One friendly philippine waitress even brought cans up opened so we could drink later. The cabin maid siad on arrival she didn't mind what we put in the mini bar fridge.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and definatley get your moneys worth. A small beer was about 5 euro and soft drink 2.60.

Archived