Cruising on Jewel in Oct. What is the closest airport in NY

oprahcla

Any info you could give me would be appreciated. What airport is the closest to the ship. I need to make flight arrangements to New York. 3 different airports come up. Any suggestions on which is the closest and how do I get to the ship from the airport. Approx how far?

Also does anyone know if they have laundry facilities on the Jewel, meaning washers and dryers.

Thanks kindly for any info.

:)

Any info you could give me would be appreciated. What airport is the closest to the ship. I need to make flight arrangements to New York. 3 different airports come up. Any suggestions on which is the closest and how do I get to the ship from the airport. Approx how far?

Also does anyone know if they have laundry facilities on the Jewel, meaning washers and dryers.

You could use any of the airports but if you want to get transfers from NCL, they don't transfer from JFK. They do from LaGuardia but I don't know about Newark.

NCL no longer has washers and dryers avaliable. You can send your stuff to the ships laundry ($$$) or possibly in one of the ports.

lga is about 9 miles and a cab costs about $30-5. It should take about an 1/2 hour or slightly more in rush hour.

EWR is about 14 miles and a cab costs about $70.00 and should take about 35 minutes non rush hour and up to an hour and a half in rush hour. There is an express bus from the airport and then a cab with less than a cab directly from the airport. there is also a way by train but that has at least one additional change from the airtrain to NJ transit into Manhattan and then a cab.

JFK is 20 miles. A cab has a set rate of $45.00 plus tolls and tip. Non rush hour its about 40 minutes and in rush hour up to the same hour and a half. There is also express bus service and a train from JFK.

all these costs are per cab not per person

Private car services limos are about the same price(sometimes slightly less from EWR)....

LGA tends to get the most backed up followed by EWR and JFK but none of the New York Airports are easy.

There is also McArthur Airport(southwest flies here) and Stewart Airport but these are much further away and take more time...

You've been given all the information about the airports. We flew in to La Guardia, which was about a half hour from the airport. There are lots of cabs immediately available as you step out of the airport terminal.

There are no laundry facilities on the Jewel. There will be an opportunity within the first couple of days of your cruise to send off a bag of laundry (they supply the bag; if you have something like duct tape with you, it pays to tape the bag as it tears easily..). When we were on a cruise last fall, we stuffed the bag full (do an inventory first, using the sheets provided, then carefully roll and stuff to fit every space!), got it out of the cabin by 10 a.m., and the clothes were returned to us by 6 p.m. the next day,

washed, folded, those that were to be hung were hung, ironed.... We were cruising for 14 days, so took advantage of this twice, and came home with clean clothes. $25 is about the cost of 3 alcohol-based drinks on board..well worth it to us.

I don't go on vacation to do laundry!

Tks for the info. I will definitely take some tape with me. We are going on a 14 day cruise as well and now with the weight limits on luggage, it is hard to not pack to much for a 2 week stay.

That is great on the drinks...it must be the "drinks of the day" the same as Carnival. I have never travelled the NCL before. How was the food?

No we are taking the one Oct. 30th. What did you mean by roll call??

If you go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

and then look for your ship, click on that, then look for a post with people going on your same cruise with you. Generally you'll have a chance on board to meet everyone, and if you want to, you can do stuff with each other on your cruise.

I'm on the same cruise. Join our active roll call. We have so many things planned. I don't know a soul onboard yet, but thru this roll call, I will walk away with many friends. We have lots of private tours arranged on the islands. Much cheaper and more fun with a smaller group. Join us. Tina

I'm on the same cruise. Join our active roll call. We have so many things planned. I don't know a soul onboard yet, but thru this roll call, I will walk away with many friends. We have lots of private tours arranged on the islands. Much cheaper and more fun with a smaller group. Join us. Tina

Tina, you didn't tell her about the DUES !! :D:):p

Just teasing, Oprahcla, do look us up in the roll call !!!!

Knarf ( Frank backwards)

Archived