NY Taxi's

judeg

Can anyone confirm that we won't be able to get 4 people and 4 suitcases in one yellow cab from the airport- that we'd need two cabs or a minivan? Would we have to wait long for a minivan, and would it be the same flat fare $45? Thanks

Can anyone confirm that we won't be able to get 4 people and 4 suitcases in one yellow cab from the airport- that we'd need two cabs or a minivan? Would we have to wait long for a minivan, and would it be the same flat fare $45? Thanks

more than half of the cabs are mini cab types that are licensed to carry 5 people and have room for luggage. I assume you are landing at JFK(Kennedy) and going to Manhattan. JFK from and to Manhattan have a flat rate of $45 per cab(any cab mini or not) plus toll and tip. The toll is up to $6.00 and the tip should be 15-20% not counting the toll....

other cabs are licensed for 4 and have less room. You can also look at a limo which may be more room but cost slightly more.

see for instance http://www.carmellimo.com

We are also looking for the best, less expensive, way to get ten people from LGA to our hotel in Midtown. We don't have to stay together. We will have one midsize, and one small bag each. I don't expect we can get more than two people and their luggage in a regular cab. We are considering the shuttle service, since we don't mind the extra time it will take. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

We are also looking for the best, less expensive, way to get ten people from LGA to our hotel in Midtown. We don't have to stay together. We will have one midsize, and one small bag each. I don't expect we can get more than two people and their luggage in a regular cab. We are considering the shuttle service, since we don't mind the extra time it will take. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

for $2.25 per person you can take the city bus to the subway and then the subway to midtown Manhattan.

http://www.supershuttle.com charges about 12-15 pp....see what a whole supershuttle will cost you. Its not that much less than a cab which runs about $30-5 per cab(3-4 people can take a cab).....

for $2.25 per person you can take the city bus to the subway and then the subway to midtown Manhattan.

www.supershuttle.com charges about 12-15 pp....see what a whole supershuttle will cost you. Its not that much less than a cab which runs about $30-5 per cab(3-4 people can take a cab).....

Thanks SO MUCH for your help! Are the mini cabs more expensive that the regular cabs? We could probably get two mini cabs and one regular. Since we have never been to NYC before, this is all new to us. I have been reading everything posted on Trip Advisor on the NYC forums to help us prepare for our precruise visit.

Thanks SO MUCH for your help! Are the mini cabs more expensive that the regular cabs? We could probably get two mini cabs and one regular. Since we have never been to NYC before, this is all new to us. I have been reading everything posted on Trip Advisor on the NYC forums to help us prepare for our precruise visit.

same price....on the meter....

I would go with the shuttle service. If it's a couple of people who need to get a cab that would be different but for a group of ten it would probably be best to book ahead with either a car service or using the shuttle service.

cabs line up and are extremely plentiful at LGA. Meeting a car/shuttle can be more hassle than getting into many cabs....

Thanks! After reading more on the NYC forums on Trip Advisor, I think it might be best to go with the taxi service. If we can get a couple of mini vans and one regular cab, that should work fine for us. I appreciate your help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Minivans aren't hard to come by you see them almost as regularly as the regular cabs. You can also reserve a car service if it makes you feel more comfortable but like I said the minivan cabs are pretty common.

Minivans aren't hard to come by you see them almost as regularly as the regular cabs. You can also reserve a car service if it makes you feel more comfortable but like I said the minivan cabs are pretty common.

Thanks SO much!! We don't mind waiting longer and getting the minivans. I think we will use the taxi service going to our hotel in Midtown, and returning to LGA after our cruise. NCL wants $50pp for a transfer from the port to LGA.

Archived