Teens & Tween on Celebrity

cimarrongirl

We are sailing on Celebrity Solstice in May and I'm hoping there will be enough activities to keep our 16,14& 10 grandkids busy. This will be their first cruise and we want them to have a great vacation. Did we pick the right cruise line, we thought about Carnival but myself DH,DD & SIL have only cruised on Celebrity and Princess. We like the decor of the ships we've been on and have concerns with the Carnival atmoshere. What do you think, will they be happy on Celebrity or should we take the plunge and try Carnival? I forgot to mention we are not partying type people. We like to have fun just not go crazy. I hope I'm not sounding goody goody, because we really just want to have a great vacation.

IMHO you made a great choice. If the teens had been on RCCL or Carnival before than they may think that Celebrity wasn't as fun. However, since they have nothing to compare it to, they will love it. They have a teen center, sport court, arcade, pool, etc. to keep them busy.

I think it is equally important that the adults get the vacation experience that they would like. After sailing on Celebrity, you will be extremely disappointed (as we were) with the food and food presentation on Carnival. Have a great time with the family!

We are sailing on Celebrity Solstice in May and I'm hoping there will be enough activities to keep our 16,14& 10 grandkids busy. This will be their first cruise and we want them to have a great vacation. Did we pick the right cruise line, we thought about Carnival but myself DH,DD & SIL have only cruised on Celebrity and Princess. We like the decor of the ships we've been on and have concerns with the Carnival atmoshere. What do you think, will they be happy on Celebrity or should we take the plunge and try Carnival? I forgot to mention we are not partying type people. We like to have fun just not go crazy. I hope I'm not sounding goody goody, because we really just want to have a great vacation.

For what it's worth, our kids were bored stiff on Celebrity. Now, it was not a peak vacation period and not many kids were on board, but there was no comparison to the number and type of activities available on Carnival and RCI.

As for the Carnival atmosphere, while Carnival skews younger, its reputation as a party line is overblown. It's service is not to the level of X or Princess, but we found it to still be an extremely enjoyable vacation.

Archived