Cruisetour #6 31 august 09

Hi again, I feel a little guilty asking another question so soon. I appreciate all the nice comments I received regarding why does one need a TA. I was asking out of pure ignorance and have learned a lot.

My question now pertains to the tour portion. We just received our booklet from RCCI with the luggage tags and additional information.. My question is about the tipping of the various tour folks and I don't have a problem with the recommended amount. Will I be expected to pay cash? Again not a problem but I will want to make sure I have enough with me. Another question, the booklet did not say we had to leave some luggage but suggest we might want to when we board the busses and trains etc. I guess my concern is that we will be away for 4 nights and 5 days so that will require taking some suit cases with us. Will I creat a problem if I take all my luggage, probably no more than two large suit cases and a carry on type bag?

You travelers are great and I truly appreciate your help. Roy

Hi again, I feel a little guilty asking another question so soon. I appreciate all the nice comments I received regarding why does one need a TA. I was asking out of pure ignorance and have learned a lot.

My question now pertains to the tour portion. We just received our booklet from RCCI with the luggage tags and additional information.. My question is about the tipping of the various tour folks and I don't have a problem with the recommended amount. Will I be expected to pay cash? Again not a problem but I will want to make sure I have enough with me. Another question, the booklet did not say we had to leave some luggage but suggest we might want to when we board the busses and trains etc. I guess my concern is that we will be away for 4 nights and 5 days so that will require taking some suit cases with us. Will I creat a problem if I take all my luggage, probably no more than two large suit cases and a carry on type bag?

You travelers are great and I truly appreciate your help. Roy

Dont feel guilty ask as many questions as needed.

We did the 4 day land 7 days sea last year in Alaska. the tour guide and bus driver stay with you so at the end we tipped them both, in cash, and more than recommended, they were both amazing.

With us we packed on rolling duffel with mostly stuff we would need on land, then put most of the ship stuff in two other bags. When we met our guide for the week, he had different colored tags, we put one on our rolling duffel so we would get it every night, the other color went on our other two bags. They would stay on the bus instead of being deliverd every night. It made it much easier not having all of our luggage each night. As far as I know you do not leave you luggage it all comes on the tour with you, that way if it turns out you need something from one of the other bags you still have access to it.

They did such a great job with logistics and details that you can really relax. They truly take care of everything.

Pack only what you need for the days on land in a "carry-on". The driver will load and unload these cases every day. Your larger piece of luggage will be stowed on the bus. It will make things run much smoother and "on time" if they have less luggage to load and unload each day.

If you absolutly need an item from the stowed luggage, they will get that bag for you, on that one night.

You can also tak a small backpack on the bus/train, also.

Archived