Cliff Walk in NewPort R.I.

:) After docking how would we go about doing the Cliff Walk?. I would like to stay on a walkway if possible and avoid the rocks since walking is an issue for me..I really want do the entire walk so do you taxi to a distant starting point and walk back to the port ..or walk from the port and taxi back?. Do you know where on the walk is that entrance and exit points?

RI

RIPTA bus #67 goes to mansions and Cliffwalk, leaves from Gateway in Newport (Gateway can be walked to from the tender pier).

Look at www.cliffwalk.com for entrance info, etc. Google a map of the area to take with you. Several posters on CC have said to not walk to Cliffwalk, uses too much time. Take the RIPTA bus or taxi.

One section of the cliff walk is unpaved and across rocks. But there are numerous entry places and if you get to a part that you don't want to walk, you can walk back to the nearest exit or even back to your starting point. The views are very different going and coming, just as they are in a car trip through the mountains. There are also stairs in a couple of places.

This web site gives more information: http://www.cliffwalk.com/

Archived