Oriana - Fjords August

cefil

Hi

Am aboard Oriana 23/8 for a week to the fjords. Family group of 7, covering 3 generations, age range 17-65.

It is a celebration for a grandparent who cruises a lot keen to take the family away. Everyone looking forward to it - except the 17 year old!!:)

He is getting :mad: as he is convinced there will be no similar ages around.

Whilst I expect the age profile of the cruisers will be more mature, myself included before anyone takes offence :), has anyone experience of a similar cruise at the same time of year and were there any younger people on board.

Thanks

Cruising is becoming more and more atractive to younger generations, out of all the cruises I have done, I have never been on one where it is not family orientated and caters for all age groups. Your 17 year old son will make new friends and have the time of his life - also you will also have a great time knowing that you son is on board and can not get into "too much" mischief.

I will be onboard with my family, daughter is only 5, although she thinks shes 17, so tell your son that if he doesnt manage to find other teenagers with the same interests as himself, my daughter will definately show him a few ropes about cruising !

16 days to go and counting !

jackie

Cruising is becoming more and more atractive to younger generations, out of all the cruises I have done, I have never been on one where it is not family orientated and caters for all age groups. Your 17 year old son will make new friends and have the time of his life - also you will also have a great time knowing that you son is on board and can not get into "too much" mischief.

I will be onboard with my family, daughter is only 5, although she thinks shes 17, so tell your son that if he doesnt manage to find other teenagers with the same interests as himself, my daughter will definately show him a few ropes about cruising !

16 days to go and counting !

jackie

Thanks for that! Am feeling more re-assured by the day. Actually, there is something to be said for going somewhere with a low expectation of enjoyment as there is then every chance the actual experience will exceed it.:D

We are also travelling on this cruise, a family of four with two teenage lads, 17 and 14. This is billed as being a family cruise as it falls into the main school holidays, so hopefully they should have plenty of oppoturnity to meet new friends. This is our first cruise with P&O, but the kids club for older kids was very good when we travelled with Ocean Village, and they're part of the same company so imagine it will be similar. It allowed the kids to break the ice with each other and was well orientated to teenagers. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

We are also travelling on this cruise, a family of four with two teenage lads, 17 and 14. This is billed as being a family cruise as it falls into the main school holidays, so hopefully they should have plenty of oppoturnity to meet new friends. This is our first cruise with P&O, but the kids club for older kids was very good when we travelled with Ocean Village, and they're part of the same company so imagine it will be similar. It allowed the kids to break the ice with each other and was well orientated to teenagers. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Thanks, good to hear there will be others on board of similar ages. Hope you have a great time as well.

You will need to pack more than that,:eek: include fleeces for every one and even gloves, there is still snow around on the mountains and it gets very nippy in the mornings on deck. They say get up early to see the wonderful sail-in's and if you do you will need a good jacket, even a hat ....

Archived