Scuba Diving in Roatan

tracer34

Hi

I am cruising to Roatan in January and am wanting to dive while I was there. I am cruising with Carnival and the diving excursion is with Anthoneys Key Resort. I was wondering if anybody has done this excursion with them and how did they like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Myself and friends booked the Carnival Dive trip from the ship (Valor). There wasn't much information about Roatan when we did this a few years back so we trusted the ship tour would be good. They bused us to Anthony Keys resort and assigned us to boats (very nice large dive boats with easy in and out of water access.) The equipment was in good conditon, the staff was friendly and helpful, the sea life was incredible and the visibility was 100+++ feet. The resort itself is just amazing with beach rooms over the water in open air huts. They have a small souvenoir store for the must have t-shirt or whatever. This was the best excursion I have ever taken and will be taking it again in March 2010.

Hope this helps, Scott:D

Myself and friends booked the Carnival Dive trip from the ship (Valor). There wasn't much information about Roatan when we did this a few years back so we trusted the ship tour would be good. They bused us to Anthony Keys resort and assigned us to boats (very nice large dive boats with easy in and out of water access.) The equipment was in good conditon, the staff was friendly and helpful, the sea life was incredible and the visibility was 100+++ feet. The resort itself is just amazing with beach rooms over the water in open air huts. They have a small souvenoir store for the must have t-shirt or whatever. This was the best excursion I have ever taken and will be taking it again in March 2010.

Hope this helps, Scott:D

Thanks, Scott. That's good to know since we will be diving in Roatan next July from the Valor.

AKR is the high end operator on the island. They also do the Dolphin/pony shows. I highly doubt they will take a carnival trip on a shark dive.

I like diving with Coconut Tree in West End village. You could probably get a group together and take a van over there and do it cheaper. Their dive boat leaves at 9am. I'd contact them up front for pricing and reserving a spot.

On Cayman Island, one couple on the Legend found a dive shop willing to rent them tanks for $8 and did shore dives. That was the best deal I heard of the entire trip!

Have a good time!

Anthony's Key does not do the shark dives. Waihuka Dive center does them (although just about any dive shop will make arraingements for you if you don't want to do it directly). Their website is www.sharkdiveroatan.com My husband did this dive and loved it (I was pregnant at the time so I had to miss it, but next time!). He got some great pictures- I've attatched a couple. He would love to do it again, but he loves sharks!

1175921834_MarksShark3.jpg.fb0c842a1e04270a6bef5de9d9921f9d.jpg

907560667_MarksShark4.jpg.1677cf2c83fdc6575d698017aab2ae56.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived