Stroller Rentals....

My girls will be 2 1/2 and just barely 4 when we go on the Liberty in January. How are the strollers that they rent out - are they pretty decent? Anyone have photos or know what type of stroller they use? The lady told me they had both single and doubles and she said the rate is $25/wk for either one. Is there typically any problem with them running out of rental strollers or do most people just bring their own? (I'm trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" we fly with! haha)

And what do you do when them while stopping on the ship - can you take them right into the restaurants and shows, etc or do you have to park them someplace special? And if you bring you OWN, is there a big risk of them being stolen?

I'd love to hear more or even see photos if possible.

My girls will be 2 1/2 and just barely 4 when we go on the Liberty in January. How are the strollers that they rent out - are they pretty decent? Anyone have photos or know what type of stroller they use? The lady told me they had both single and doubles and she said the rate is $25/wk for either one. Is there typically any problem with them running out of rental strollers or do most people just bring their own? (I'm trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" we fly with! haha)

And what do you do when them while stopping on the ship - can you take them right into the restaurants and shows, etc or do you have to park them someplace special? And if you bring you OWN, is there a big risk of them being stolen?

My DB rented one on our cruise in Dec for my 2 1/2 y/o niece. They are very nice strollers. For some reason I keep thinking it had 'Jeep' printed on it...:confused:...didn't know they made strollers. They used it while in port and going around the ship on sea days. No problem.

They are jeep, a poster on the family board posted the model numbers not to long ago (I was trying to find out the cost and type also). The last time we took a stroller we did take it to the MDR and our Grandson slept during late seating in it.

Does anyone know if they are fairly plentifiul or if there is concern they may run out? I'm thinking of taking our umbrella stroller for the 2 1/2 yr old but using one on the ship IF my 4 yr old becomes too tired to walk. Is this something you need to do first day or can you rent "as needed" during the week?

Or maybe we should just take the double stroller - but it's a Baby Trend Sit N Stand and it seems so cumbersome to deal with at the airport and WHERE the heck do we store it in the cabin??

Does anyone know if they are fairly plentifiul or if there is concern they may run out? I'm thinking of taking our umbrella stroller for the 2 1/2 yr old but using one on the ship IF my 4 yr old becomes too tired to walk. Is this something you need to do first day or can you rent "as needed" during the week?

Or maybe we should just take the double stroller - but it's a Baby Trend Sit N Stand and it seems so cumbersome to deal with at the airport and WHERE the heck do we store it in the cabin??

They didn't rent it until day 2 of a 4 day cruise. I would think that most don't realize they are available for rent. It folded up if I remember right so it might be good to rent right away and have it for whenever. They didn't have any problems with storing it in the cabin.

I rented one on the Miracle for my 1 year old son. They are Jeep strollers, but umbrella strollers all the same. They don't recline or anything but they are nice. The foot rest broke on the one I was using. You can bring it anywhere and I don't think it will get stollen. I would park the one I ernted on the Lido deck somewhere out of the way and it would still be there when we were ready for it. For the most part, it appeared that people brought their own strollers. On the next cruise I willprobably bring my own. I am contemplating bringing my own lightweight double stroller because I have 3 kids (at the time of the trip they will be newly 5, newly 4 and 1 1/2). My husband said the stroller was a godsend.

Archived