Sushi on Gem

netizen2

Hi everyone! My husband recently tried sushi and loved it!

We are going on the Gem to the Med in September and I was wondering if the sushi restaurant has any food available for non-sushi people?

thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everyone! My husband recently tried sushi and loved it!

We are going on the Gem to the Med in September and I was wondering if the sushi restaurant has any food available for non-sushi people?

thanks in advance for any help.

The sushi bar serves sushi, but your husband is not restricted to ordering sushi there.

The sushi bar, Asian restaurant (I forget the name) and the Teppanyaki restaurant are all located in the same general area. What you two should do is tell the maitre 'd you'd like to sit in the Asian restaurant, and one of you will be ordering sushi. You order whatever you like from the Asian menu and your husband orders what he likes from the sushi menu (no limits). The sushi will be delivered to your table along with whatever you order.

Thanks so much!! that's a great idea and a perfect answer to my question!!

thanks again!! That's what we will do!!

Glad that helps. We've done this a number of times on various NCL ships, and we both love sushi as well as the Asian-fusion foods. So we do "mix and match" from both menus.

The Gem is a great ship.

NCL is our preferred cruiseline now. We find that we enjoy the specialty restaurants alot. We've been on 4 NCL cruises, and only seem to be booking on the STAR all the time, for some reason.

On the STAR, the Sushi and Chinese restaurant is almost one of the same. Only distinction is the teppanyaki in a separate room.

The menu we were given on the STAR was for both chinese and sushi.

Would the GEM be the same?

Is the sushi fresh?

By "fresh" do you mean: never been frozen? If so, then no, the sushi on NCL ships is not "fresh". You do not want to eat raw fish that has never been frozen. Last I heard, it was illegal in the USA for restaurants to serve raw fish that has never been frozen.

But if you mean "fresh" as in freshly prepared, i.e., recently thawed and sliced, then yes , it is fresh. Or at least the sushi I have had.

Archived