Anytime Dining-early or late?

jipjiprocks

I have seen where some folks have complained about anytime dining; be it wait times or being with different servers each night, etc.

My question is, say we choose anytime just for the flexibility of going to either the early or late seating. I mean to say if early is at 6 and late is at 9, we would choose one of those two times, rather than somewhere in between.

For those that have tried anytime, does this plan sound like a smoother road to choose than just showing up whenever we please?

That is the nice thing about Anytime Dining, you can pick whatever time you want to dine. If you like the servers you had you can request them again.

You just won't be with the same passengers unless you coordinate either reserving a table or showing up at the same time.

Whereas with traditional dining you eat with the same people and served by the same staff

I have seen where some folks have complained about anytime dining; be it wait times or being with different servers each night, etc.

My question is, say we choose anytime just for the flexibility of going to either the early or late seating. I mean to say if early is at 6 and late is at 9, we would choose one of those two times, rather than somewhere in between.

For those that have tried anytime, does this plan sound like a smoother road to choose than just showing up whenever we please?

No. Just show up when you get there. I have not been paying a lot of attention, but I am guessing it is the larger parties that are having a wait. I got tables for 2 or 4 immediately every time I show up. My wait time, if you can call it that, 3 minutes tops.

We have always had early dining, sometimes we got assigned late & had to stand in line to change. Late is really too late for us, we are morning people. We are trying anytime on our next cruise (30 days!) because we are not always ready to eat at early. I am hoping it will be the best of both worlds. We try not to be on a strict schedule on cruises, dining was one of the things that we had to schedule. We don't even do a lot of planned shore excursions, rather prefer to go with the flow. I am looking forward to anytime.

No, this plan makes no sense at all. Pax choosing the anytime option are seated in a different dining rooom or portion of a dining room from those who choose the traditional seatings.

I've never done the anytime option, but others here might be able to tell you when the busier time are.

I would guess (just a guess) that timing your dining exactly with the traditional times would not effect you wait for a table, but might make your service slower as there is only one galley.

We loved the anytime dining and have schedule it again for Spring next year. We like to eat well before 9:00, but sometimes getting back on the ship just an hour or so before dinner doesn't work well........so we go between 6:00 and 7:30.....whenever we are ready....work GREAT for us.

I have yet to cruise on a ship that has anytime dining. Looking forward to giving it a try. The normal early seating is too early and the late seating is too late for me. I compromise with myself and eat the late seating. It works out ok most of the time.

I agree TRAVELER...we never like to eat after 9:00....and it takes so long that it's after 10:00 before you're done........and some ports we get back to the ship at Early seating time...so the anytime is great.

Archived