4 year-old in Belize - Captain Your Boat?

debolinas

Hello,

We are going to be in Belize in early October on the Glory. Our group is 3 adults and my 4 year-old daughter. Initially I thought we would do the cave-tubing but my daughter is pretty fearful so I nixed that. Then I thought that we might do the Captain Your Boat tour. However, when I emailed Coral Breeze I heard back and was advised that my daughter might get bored on this tour. Has anyone done it with kids?

If anyone has other suggestions for Belize with a 4 y.o. please let me know. We are geared more toward water and/or adventure and therefore don't really want to go to the zoo.

Thanks in advance,

Deborah

With a 4 year old...you are a little bit limited in your choices.

A Mayan Ruins tour might be boring but I guess it would depend on your child. I know with Altan Ha, you can actually climb the ruins...some children might find that fun...some might not. My niece and nephew have been to Altun Ha...they are 5 and 7. They had fun...but I would say it might not be for ever child. I think there are age limits on things like Cave Tubing.

The islands day trips might be better for you. There are a few different places you can choose from...all involve a boat ride out to an island and a day in the water and on the beach.

I have only been to Caye Caulker and Ambergris. I prefer Caye Caulker because it is less hectic and there isn't the traffic that you get on Ambergris. Also, Caye Caulker is closer to Belize City than Ambergris...Ambergris is at least 30 minutes past Caye Caulker...so you will spend an hour more in boat transfers if you choose Ambergris.

Thank you, Wendy CC. It sounds like Caye Caulkner would be a good choice. I would like to do the the Captain Your Boat ride but thus far have not heard from anyone who did it with little ones.

I will look into the Caye Caulkner option.

Happy Cruising!

Deborah

• 2 weeks later...

I went on the Altun Ha & River Wallace Tour a few weeks back. There were only two kids on the tour who were maybe a little older than yours, but they didn't seem to be having a great time. For them, it's nice if you see a lot of animals, we only seen a few. By the time we made it to the Altun Ha portion of the tour, you could tell they were pretty bored. Your kid might be different on this one though, you never know untill you try.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the drive your own power boat in May. It was great and we loved it. But, I would have to say a 4 year old would probably be board. We went through the river about 15 miles up and stopping every once in a while to see some animallife. It was hard for me to see never mind a 4 year old. It was peaceful and we enjoyed being on the river. Total time was about 3 hours.

Hope this helps, cindy

Archived