Solo cruisers...need advise!

sheilb4

Just getting back to the thread. Looks good to me. :D Have a great cruise, and Happy New Year! I will be looking for your follow up report. I hope you all get to meet up. kwyjibo sounds like he was hoping to meet some other cruisers also. Have fun 4 me.

Just got back today!!!

It was fun. Met up w/kwyjibo about one hour after boarding...he was travelling w/his friend...nice guys, had fun, good company, but no romance folks!

I know thats what u r waiting to hear huh! LOL! Sorry......

I would certainly go alone again now, without too much concern, as there were many people around my age to talk to, and those that you preferred not to talk to also!!! LOL...

Anyway, for anyone else considering travelling alone as a single female...I would recommend it. My highlight was the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel! OMG! amazing experience!

I've always cruised with my family... but that is like cruising solo to me. We eat together and such, but at night, I'm on my own. I've found people to be extrememly open and friendly on cruises. You'll meet plenty of people, some single, and some not... but you know what, sometimes couples are a blast to hang out with. Oh, and responding to the "find a crewmember" suggestion: if you do so, PLEASE only expect a fling... if you do it could bea great time.. if you want more, a crew member is probably not a good choice. Read the boards on that topic on here for more info

I should really read through before posting... didn't realize you were back! HAHA... though I am curious to see how it went, and a tad curious about the crew situation now that derf mentioned it too... (I've had an experience with it (a positive one)) and so I love hearing little tales. :)

Oh my gosh, what are you starting here....crew member? what did I tell you...Not even a consideration..ugh!...LOL

I worked on a cruise ship for a year, had a relationship with a "crew member" (the ships doc) for the entire time, so that was my only and last experience there.

Its different when you work onboard, but if you are a passenger, of course, they should only expect a fling...not my style!

Archived