carnival glory hidden deck

redhead36

The Glory is the only ship we've been on that had this deck but the doors were locked 99% of the time. The one time we found them unlocked and went out there, we were met by security within five minutes and told it was a crew only deck and to leave. (This was on deck 9.)

Not sure if this is the norm on the Glory or there was some reason that week only. We've used this deck on both the Liberty and Victory with no problems.

We went out the 'secret' door on the Valor almost everyday on deck 9(Lido). There were a few times that the door was shut due to wind. On the Glory, there should be a door on deck 9 forward, port side. I know there should be one on deck 10 also.

Like the others have said, there are very few people out there. It is a great spot to watch the ship coming into to port or leaving port. :D

The Glory is the only ship we've been on that had this deck but the doors were locked 99% of the time. The one time we found them unlocked and went out there, we were met by security within five minutes and told it was a crew only deck and to leave. (This was on deck 9.)

Not sure if this is the norm on the Glory or there was some reason that week only. We've used this deck on both the Liberty and Victory with no problems.

I had a similar experience on Glory. The lower two "secret decks" were usually open, but the ones above the bridge were almost always locked except for one day in port. Totally pi$$ed me off since those are some of my favorite areas to go and sea watch. We'll see if Liberty does a better job in September. :rolleyes:

I didnt get the security treatment, but I have gotten that on some of the Fantasy class ships when I go out onto the forward deck on Atlantic. I don't know why they are now re-zoning them as "crew only" They have always been for guests up until recently, and were never marked crew only. The little stairwell that goes down to the crew lounge is still roped off, so I cant imagine it being a "security" issue. :confused:

reference this link for an image:

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/index.php?title=Secret_Door#Destiny.2C_Triumph.2C_Conquest.2C_and_Splendor_Class_2

simply put - walk all the way forward on any passenger deck with balconies - but not the bridge (which is on veranda deck), and go left or right. walk through the door :D

Hey, I like the new avatar.

Hey, I like the new avatar.

hey, thanks :D

i figured after going through D's of every font on my computer... twice, and making it, i might as well put it to use ;)

and... believe it or not, i think i might be scheduling another trip on destiny - this time eastern :)

Archived