First time cruisers

After months nay years of talking about it we've booked a Cruise!!!:D On Destiny Med. Rennaisance 22/05/2010... I have also booked a week in a Hotel in Majorca...my query is this ( after reading all the posts re cruising) would you as first timers jump straight in and do 14 days cruising or do the 50/50 split?

Its not to late to change our plans as we only booked on Friday.

This forum is fantastic only found it yesterday......Im addicted already!!

After months nay years of talking about it we've booked a Cruise!!!:D On Destiny Med. Rennaisance 22/05/2010... I have also booked a week in a Hotel in Majorca...my query is this ( after reading all the posts re cruising) would you as first timers jump straight in and do 14 days cruising or do the 50/50 split?

Its not to late to change our plans as we only booked on Friday.

This forum is fantastic only found it yesterday......Im addicted already!!

lol- Welcome to cruising :) We went on our first Thomson cruise in 2006 and have never been in a hotel since. We love it and so do the children. Personally I would take the 14 day cruise if it is a option for you. I like to think of it as a big luxurious hotel that moves around from resort to restort. A new place everyday with better service, food and amenities on top.:):)

Hi- what you have booked is ideal for your first taste of cruising. You will be able to compare your enjoyment of the 2 weeks separately, and then know for future years! Cruise&stay is how we started, and since then have gone for 2 week cruises, but friends have found they like the land stay just as much, and have continued to do both. Then of course, there are those strange people who don't enjoy cruising, but you don't get many of them to the pound!

kate

Our first cruise was onboard Thomson Spirit 3 years ago and we've been hooked ever since!!! We decided to do a 2 week cruise straight off, to give it a good go (if you know what I mean!!) We absolutely loved it. Spoke to many people who did a cruise and stay and they said the 2nd week didn't match up to the week on the cruise!!

Ann

I agree went on the spirit last year in august for a week followed by a week in palma nova and the 2nd week we were so depressed so this time are just doing a week on the cruise. in future would do 2 weeks on a cruise or a stay and then cruise. But hey each to their own. you get so spoilt on the ship that having no-one to turn your bed down and leave a chocolate on the pillow is a bit of a culture shock the second week.

Archived