My Time Dining sign up after embarkation on Freedom OTS

I started a thread about a week ago to ask if anyone had found a way to request My Time Dining without prepaying tips, and found no one who had been able to do that. So I now revise my question. Because of on board credit on my next 2 Freedom OTS cruises we prefer not to put tips on a credit card but to use some of that credit for tips.

So for those of you who have cruised recently and signed up for or tried to sign up for MTD at embarkation, what has been your success level? Information specific to the Freedom OTS would be great, but info. on other ships is welcome too. Based on other threads, it seems MTD is increasing in popularity and I'm just trying to get a feel for when it fills and wait lists start.

I did MTD on the Freedom in June. We fortunately signed up ahead of time. I saw others being turned away on the first day. I know of one couple that was put on a waitlist and nothing ever opened up for them, so you might not get in if you wait. Unless of course they expand the MTD area and make it larger. I guess that's possible since it seems to be really popular.

I cruised on the Freedom as well and waited until the first day. It was filled when we got there (around 1:30pm). I was put on the waiting list and checked back in later that night and the next morning and it remained full. Getting ready to sail on the Liberty and we signed up as soon as it was made available. Honestly, I was in the same boat you were and regretted waiting

Archived