where does ship dock in Boston?

sailsalot

Hi!

I've tried to search this board but couldn't find the answer to this question. I'm looking into a hop on/hop off trolley tour, and trying to see if one of the stops is near where the ship docks. But I don't know where the ship docks. Anyone know this info??

Thanks!!

You should be docked at Black Falcon Pier. The Old Towne Trolley is a hop on/hop off. There look like 2 nearby stops on their route. I went to Bing.com and entered Boston Trolley. There is a map.

Charlie

Hi, As stated, the ships dock at the Black Falcon Pier, however, that is not on the map you posted from the bus/tour company. If you go to Google Maps, and type in Black Falcon Pier, Boston - it will bring up the map. Neither the Trolley Tours nor the Hop on/Hop off tours go to the pier. You can hop on a bus to take you to Downtown Boston proper, or one of the T stops. I live in Boston, and just recently sailed in/out of Black Falcon. There is nothing much in the dock area, and as in many other cities, you need to get out of the dock yard before you get to experience the city. When you get off the ship, and exit the terminal, if you take a left, go to the end of the terminal building, and take another left, you will come to the Design Center Building (total walk time 5-10 minutes), there is a bus stop there that will take you to South Station. All the various tour operators have a stop at South Station. You can go to http://www.mbta.com to get a map of the area and bus schedule. Others may have better ideas, these are just my thoughts on how I would do it. I hope you enjoy your time in Boston.

Old Town Trolley Tours stops at Black Falcon Pier. It's stop #16A

http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/massport-cruise-ship-terminal.asp

Important note from that website:

"Please note: This stop is only available during cruise ship ports-of-call. Please call Old Town Trolley at 617-269-7010 for more information."

It's great that Old Town Trolley works out for cruiseship visitors.

And here is their page specifically for the OP, Sailsalot! http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/trolley-tours-for-cruise-guests.asp

Have a great day - I've lived here outside Boston all my life and still keep discovering new things and re-visiting other wonderful historic places.

Archived