Beaches I can walk to from: PV, Maz, Cabo

risey

I am looking for advice from travelers that have been to these destinations. What beaches can I walk to from the ship that is at resorts? Traveling with two children 7 & 5 years old. I just want to walk off the ship and go to a resort that has a nice beach.

Any recommendations?

kids 5 & 7 are young, it can be hot, so.....

Cheap water taxi to Medano Beach in Cabo

IMG_1096-1.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

Puerto Vallarta, Walk to the right of the picture below down the beach to the Krystal Resort and they will likely let you use their facils for free (the Krystal is just this side of the high rises under construction). Or pay $5 each way for a cab to Los Muertos Beach

IMG_9301.jpg

Los Muertos Beach

IMG_5310.jpg

Mazatlan - Easy walk to stone island beach water taxi ($2/person round trip water taxi fare)

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8437.jpg

Less than 10 minutes in Cabo to Medano. However there is only 1 resort there that allows cruise passengers to use the resort and there is a $30/pp fee, the ME. I would not sugget going there with young children. It is a spring break type place with loud music, bikini contests, body shot contests etc.

All of the beach bar/restaurants have lounge chairs and umbrellas you can use as long as you are purchasing food and drinks. Baja Cantina, Sand Bar and Tabascos would be good with kids. Stay away from the Mango Deck and Billygans.

You do have to get off the water taxi and then back on in a few feet of water. For about the same price you can take a regular taxi if you think that might be safer. Water taxi= $3/pp, regular taxi- $10 total each way, also about a 10 minute ride.

About knee deep sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. If the waves are really crazy it can be a bit dangerous because the boat is bobbing up and down. There are always guys on the beach to "help" you in and out but they will be looking for a tip.

Some of the newer boats now have ladders. We haven't tried one yet but it should make things alot easier.

Thanks! We love Cabo and spend alot of time there and also enjoy cruising. I'm happy to help!

I now remember reading about these water taxis. From what I read, getting in and out is not "graceful" especially for the women. I think we'll take a regular taxi.

Archived