La Quinta AACDEV code...

2preschoolers

Has anyone had any problems in check-in when using this code? We used it to book at the Laquinta East in Miami, I called the hotel and asked if I could "verify" the rate and he verified it for me but I didn't want to draw attention to the code used. Should I specifically ask about it??

I don't want them to deny me a room when we check in - what's the worst case scenerio - paying full price? Just wondering what anyone's experience has been.

I would suggest reading the current thread "La Quinta Discount Code" and I would call La Quinta again and ask about the code. They are not going to refuse you a room but you may have to pay the rack rate. Apparently, La Quinta East has been asking for ID or membership lately on many of their codes. If you are using a government code and have no government ID, you will be charged the rack rate.

I also called on this code and it is for something called Access Development (?) never heard of it before but evidently there is a card you carry to verify you are a member. The worse thing that can happen to you is they don't have any rooms available. We used several of the codes in the past (USATBL AND USAROL) at Miami Airport East and had no problems. However the hotel has caught on. We were there earlier this year using AARP (which we do have a card for) however, the people in front of us did not have proof and were told "No Room" (very upset people) it was about 9:30 at night. I personally would not risk using a code I couldn't verify again (that's why I called to check on this one).

Thank you!

So I did call this morning and spoke to a front desk supervisor and told her we got the coupon code online and that I wanted to make sure it was ok to use. She assured me that it was fine - just a 20% off code and if it was booked online that it was fine. I got her name so I'll take that with me. So now I have the guy last night as well as this woman and I have both their names saying it's ok to use. I even specifically asked about the code AACDEV and she said, "the code you used simply means you get 20% off so no worries.". So heres HOPING!

I posted this to the other La Quinta thread, but I'll post here too. My friend ised the code USTBLE in June and wasn't asked for any ID. Now the catch to that may have been because he paid in advance. I wouldn't think that they're going to scrutinize the reservation if it's already paid.

Just a thought...

There is also a code called PETPRK that is for PetSmart PetPerks members. I am sure you could join this and get the little key card if you wanted the discount. There is also a SAMS code for Sams Club members. Hope this helps someone as this board has been great for our upcoming cruise :)

Archived