OK, so, can someone go over Camp Carnival orientation with me?

MamaParrotHead

I did pre-register both kids online (all ready, LOL). Neither of them dance, let alone in front of other people, so I think the Parent/Kiddo dance is optional for them...or maybe something they'd dig just going into the disco for a few minutes to check it out. Although I'm sure they'd like a tour of CC prior to being dropped off. Do I need to go to the orientation meeting the first night? Is there anything that they go over there that they wouldn't on a tour of CC? And when does that tour take place? (I was reading over on the Canival boards about it).

My main concern is not trying to rush around the first night of the trip, but yet I don't want to miss out on anything *important* either.

It might be a good thing to go look at the camp carnival facility when you first get on the ship to let your child see the things that are available while you are with them. Once the ship is underway and camp carnival is our experience that it was very rare that we actually were able to be in camp with them for any amount of time except special activities. (understandably in the childrens best interest that they have this policy).

You should go to the orientation and I am not sure that the online registration excludes you from it. It is at the orientation that you will be able to pick up the pager/phone (depending on ship) which you will need in case they are trying to contact you. It has been our experience that the orientation has the mascot "fun ship freddy" show up sometime during the presentation and allows for a photo op at the orientation with him.

The Plush "friend ship freddie" doll is a must for those up to 8 (or 9 maybe). It might be a good idea to order one before you go and they will put it in the cabin for you.(just check to make sure so that it can be there when you first go to your cabin)

Orientation will also let you child see the other children that will be there too and is an oportunity to create a friendship before the first camp carnival session.

Best of luck and have a blast

Concur with the previous poster that you should attend the orientation as they have all the counselors there at the orientation and they introduce themselves and you will see what age group each of the counselors belong to so if you have any specific questions, you can ask the counselors at the time.

You didn’t say what age group your kids are, if they are in the 2 to 5 group, you will need to sign up for a pager so in case they need to get a hold of you when the kids are in camp, they will page you.

Don’t get confused with orientation and open house. They typically have open house around sailing time on day 1 of the cruise so you can check out the place with your kids. Orientation is typically held at the lounge or theatre area between first and second dinner setting (say around 7:45 PM), so that you can make it there either after first setting dinner or get there before you go to second setting dinner.

You all will have a great time! I did orientation for CC with my kiddos. Even the dancing thing, which was silly but kind of fun. No one ever hassles you about participating if you don't want to but they do try to encourage you. I do not dance, but I did, with the kids, actually holding them both at one point (they were 3 and 8). I won the "mom" part of the contest. They give away a lot of gold cruise ships, my kids still fight over who's room they get to keep "their" trophy in. Guess we have to go back and win another one (or two). ;)

Archived