Just Back From the Miracle

cruising3times

We got off the Miracle today and I am so glad that we did not book an early flight. We did not get off the ship until 12:30 p.m. There were very strong winds about 4 in the morning as we were approaching Tampa. My understanding is that we had to dock in a commercial vessel spot because the ship might get damaged in the proper spot. Then around 8 a.m. or so we were moving back out because we had to go to the correct spot at the port so everything was very delayed. Our flight was not until 7:30 at night so we just relaxed and enjoyed the extra time on board. Embarkation was a breeze, the Port of Tampa is the best port that we have been to. It could have not gone any smoother. We arrived around 11:00 and checked right in. There are plenty of seats to sit in while waiting to board. We boarded around noon but could not go to our rooms until 1:30. Our cruise director was Mark Hawkins and he is fantastic. The ship had more activities than any of the others that we have been on. There were even many activities on port days for those that stayed on board. Two weeks ago they started having late seating diners go to the 7:00 p.m. show before dinner and the midnight show is now at 11:00. Karl with a K is also fantastic, so full of energy and fun. Alison is wonderful also. And they were all everywhere. We saw Mark on two excursions, on the ship etc. Same with Karl and Alison. Last night Karl and Eugene (guitarist) put on an extra show then after that Karl , Alison and others put on an improv show like Whose Line is it Anyway. Not only were there were way more activities, there were many new and different ones. They are a great team. For the first time we had a balcony and the kids had an inside room. The balcony was nice but not a must have for us though I liked the larger room and the sofa.

. Two weeks ago they started having late seating diners go to the 7:00 p.m. show before dinner and the midnight show is now at 11:00..

Could you tell me how they enforce this? This is the way it is supposed to be on the ships but it is never.

I think that sucks if you have late seating and have to go to the 7pm show. Lots of people book late so they dont have to rush around for dinner.

correct the show times have changed, the early diners like us go to the later show. the late diners go to the show before dinner. this only started a couple of weeks ago. they are getting opinions from people on this. if you had late dinner you would not be able to make the second show . if you skipped dinner in the dining room you would though. our show was at 8:45

I also forgot the mention the Mardi Gras Parade, it was a lot of fun. It was in the atrium. We were on the Inspiration once out of New Orleans and there Mardi Gras celebration was not as fun as this. Mark Hawkins and his team are fantastic, I can't say enough good things about them.

Also forgot to mention the chocolate fountain. One day on the Lido deck buffet they had a fruit buffet with a chocolate fountain. It was very yummy. It was during the lunch buffet , the taste of nations. And I know someone else talked about the teams, Red, White and Blue. It really did seem to get people more involved in the activities. A lot of people were really into it. I think it is a good thing.

Cruising3times,

I was also at the Mardi Gras Parade, my daughter loved it too.

Mark the CD was good, better than the last two CD I experienced on the Legend and Pride. As good as Corey on the Triumph in 1999.

See my earlier post on the Sunday morning storm. My son also said one of the big pianos was turned over too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=113250

One other note, in Belize we went cave tubing with Reggie and it was an A+!

I also thought the Christmas show with the kids was a nice touch. And, a special thanks to the captain and crew for getting us back safely in that storm.

Also forgot to mention the chocolate fountain. One day on the Lido deck buffet they had a fruit buffet with a chocolate fountain. It was very yummy. It was during the lunch buffet , the taste of nations. .

oooo I just gained 3 pounds reading this post. Can you tell me more? choc is for dipping?? or is it a dessert buffet? Sea day or a port day was this on?

Archived