Question for Fafos

myrtlek

I will be in Athens all day on a cruise arriving early Sunday September 20. I can get back to the ship any time but have to catch a flight the following morning. I've never been to Athens and I'd like some advice on how to spend my day. Is Sunday normally as crowded as other days? Would you spend some time at the Archeological Museum or is it too time consuming for my one day? I plan at spending some time at the Acropolis Museum and seeing the sights around the Acropolis. Will also probably spend a little time at the big Sunday Market. How late are the major attractions open on Sunday? I appreciate your input.

I will be in Athens all day on a cruise arriving early Sunday September 20. I can get back to the ship any time but have to catch a flight the following morning. I've never been to Athens and I'd like some advice on how to spend my day. Is Sunday normally as crowded as other days? Would you spend some time at the Archeological Museum or is it too time consuming for my one day? I plan at spending some time at the Acropolis Museum and seeing the sights around the Acropolis. Will also probably spend a little time at the big Sunday Market. How late are the major attractions open on Sunday? I appreciate your input.

Acropolis and National museum open at 8:00am every Sunday.. Acropolis area open at 8:30am..

Sundays is easy in Athens and special if has good weather the people goes to beaches every September weekend..

if you visit National museum, Acropolis museum and Acropolis area you need 6-7 hours.. you can make a nice walk in Plaka, Monastiraki area (flea market with Sunday market), you can go at 11:00am at Syntagma square for see the guards change, you can go to Lykavitos hill for a nice view of Athens (you can lunch up there if you want).. if you stay out the evening-night you can go to Psyri or to Plaka for a dinner and next for a drink in bars-clubs of Psyri..

Archived