Detailed explanation of Copenhagen airport to downtown

Someone recently posted a step-by-step explanation of the train trip from the Copenhagen airport to downtown (including the closest ATM at the airport). I can't find it - and I've gotten in planning overdrive. We are staying at the Clarion Hotel 27, can anyone tell me where I can find that post?

Someone recently posted a step-by-step explanation of the train trip from the Copenhagen airport to downtown (including the closest ATM at the airport). I can't find it - and I've gotten in planning overdrive. We are staying at the Clarion Hotel 27, can anyone tell me where I can find that post?

Hi Savannahrose. We are also staying at the Clarion Hotel 27 Mayfair (not the one with the Ice Bar) but in Helgolandesgade, just a couple of blocks away from the Clarion 27 which is in Longangstraede, and will be arriving at Kastrup airport from London Heathrow at 18.50 (BA 0820) on 28th August. If you or anyone else wants to share a taxi to Copenhagen centre we would be delighted to do so. In any case from what I have read on various sites there are dozens of taxis at the airport and the charge is approximately $40 per taxi not per person to downtown. The pre-booked shuttle minivan or individual taxis are horrendously expensive, and although we normally pre-book something we have decided to just go with the flow and get a taxi on the taxi rank there. Also we will be getting a taxi from Clarion to Freeport Terminal on Sunday where the Journey is supposed to be docked according to RCCL's UK head office, and is a distance from the standard Langeline pier, so again anyone wanting to share, let's do it.

Hi savannahrose,

Just popped over from our roll call thread and saw your query.

Have you tried the copenhagen journey planner. Here is the link:

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

You can type in your date of travel and time with from Copenhagen airport and to Longangstraede and it will show you alternatives with travel timings. I have found it a very useful site. We are planning to go to Fredericksborg Castle on Saturday and Roskilde on Sunday before we cruise.

Margaret

When you get to the airport the train station and ticket office is right there at the end of the terminal. I asked a gaurd for help and the sent me right to it. The ticket office gave us our tickets and sent us right down to the tracks. It was really easy and the ticket office took dollars and gave us change in kroner.

The train will take you right into downtown and while it stops 3(?) times it's also very obvious when you arrive at the main station.

To get to Hotel 27 from there you have about a 5 minute walk across the city hall square and down to your right to get to the correct street but it's an easy walk.

The wait for the train can be a bit but the train only took about 15 minutes to get to town.

John

Archived